Thursday, June 11, 2015

BROOKE IS HERE!!!!

Today was crazy, but super fun!  Preston had swimming and diving in the morning.  I also talked Stockton into going to diving.  He isn't diving with the neighborhood this year, but the pool he dives at has been closed for awhile.  It was fun to watch Stockton and Preston together.  Maysen and I went to the high school to see if we could get a signature on her paper.  We were so lucky!  There is one specific person who needs to sign the paper, and she was there!  Thank our lucky stars! I then took the paper down to Mike's work and we tried to fax the paper.  Hopefully this works and she can take the class!  When I talked to the college about other options they said she could do duel enrollment and pay full price.  Almost $500.  I said she is only taking the class so she can meet the requirements for the Regents scholarship. If I pay $500 it makes the scholarship less valuable.  Especially since Maysen's GPA and ACT scores are high enough she can go to SLCC for free, why would we want to pay for the class?  She would have to pay full price if she took the class now because she hasn't graduated high school.  Yikes!  It takes forever to figure out all of this stuff!

Anyway, the BEST part of the day is Brooke came!  I'm so happy!  It has been way too long since I have seen her.  Well, I saw her last year at Lagoon but I barely had a chance to talk with her.  She asked if she could stay with us the day before Lagoon so we could have a chance to visit.  I have been SO EXCITED to have her come!  I drew a giant heart on the date with Brooke's name inside.  I had the best time once they got here.  It was so fun to have her kids here and be able to spend so much time with them.
Stephanie, Stockton, Jorja, Preston
Shylee, Brooke, Timberlyn, Miranda
Kanyon, Kaydra
 Stephanie & Preston
 (Kanyon) Miranda (Preston, Shylee, Brooke, Stephanie)
 Timberlyn
 Kaydra
 Shylee & Brooke
 Stockton
 Miranda
 Stockton
 Miranda, Brooke, Timberlyn, Shylee
 Kanyon & Jorja had a great time playing together
 Miranda
So much fun!  The kids swam for a long time.  Night swimming is a lot of fun.  Brooke and I both got our kids to sleep.  Brooke, Timberlyn & Shylee are sleeping in Maysen & Jorja's room.  Kaydra, Kanyon & Miranda are sleeping in Stockton & Preston's room.  My family is sleeping in the motorhome.  Brooke and I sat in the front room and talked until 2:30 in the morning.  I can't believe how fast the time went!  Mike and Christen and their family arrived about 2:30.  I was so happy to have them stay with me!  Mike, Christen & Parker are in our room.  Skye, Larkin and Blake are in the guest room.  I was so happy to have room for everyone and so happy they wanted to stay with us! Mike was thrilled to be able to use the motorhome and pointed out several times that it was a good thing we had it!  Mike and Christen are probably going to be really tired tomorrow.  They left New Mexico after Mike finished working and drove straight here.  I'm so glad they came!

No comments: