Sunday, May 24, 2015

Visiting Grandpa

Mike and I taught Preston's primary class today.  Well, Mike taught and I watched.  He is such a good teacher and so fun to listen to him explain things.  There were about 8 kids there and he had them wrapped around his finger.  Maysen was supposed to teach her class in Young Womens today.  The only problem was she had no idea.  She ended up improvising a lesson that went really well.  She's awesome like that.  Jorja was put in the beehive presidency today.  She is the new secretary.  She's pretty excited about that.

After church, dinner and scriptures Maysen and I headed up to Idaho. It was great to have her all to myself.  We talked the entire time.  So fun to be with her.  Maysen was assigned a project in AP US History to interview and write a 5 page paper on someone over 80.  She really wanted to write about my Grandpa.  Probably because he is amazing. Maysen interviewed him for about an hour.  I really think she will always look back on the memory and be extremely grateful for this assignment.

Tammi and Frank came over for a bit.  It was fun to talk to them.  That was nice that they came over to visit with us when they knew we were there.  Tammi texted while we were driving and said, "Grandpa has on his calendar that you are coming here between 5-6?  I told him you were back east?  He is feeling confused."  Maysen texted back that we would be there in 30 minutes.  I could see why Tammi thought he was confused.  I had been posting pictures of my New York trip once a day on Instagram, and I just got back last night!  It's been a crazy week!
Grandpa & Maysen
 I love this!
Maysen and I slept downstairs.  We are leaving before Grandpa wakes up, so we said our good-byes tonight.  It was a quick trip, but worth it!

No comments: