Thursday, May 28, 2015

Violin Concert

Stockton stayed after school for a ping-pong tournament.  Jorja stayed after school for her violin rehearsal.  Stockton texted me that he was ready for me to pick him up.  We went straight to the middle school to wait for Jorja, expecting to only wait a few minutes.  Jorja texted me right after we got there from home.  She forgot to stay after and had taken the bus home.  Stockton and I hurried home.  Jorja was pretty upset.  She also had something she needed me to sign and turn in.  She planned to have me sign it and run it back into the school.  I talked her into going back to the school.  We were able to make it to her teacher's room.  Jorja left it there with a short note.  We saw her orchestra teacher and let him know what happened, so all is well.

Jorja had her concert tonight.  The entire family came and watched. She did such a great job.  She loves Mr. Cox, her orchestra teacher. They sound great and he lets them do really creative things.  The last song at the concert was pretty cool.  They showed a silent movie. Buster Keaton.  The kids composed music to play along with it.  How fun is that?

No comments: