Friday, May 1, 2015

Schedules

I can't believe it!  I got Maysen into physics.  With the good teacher! Okay.  I'm going to back up.  Today was such a great day!  First, Brooke called!  She is going to stay with us the day before Lagoon.  I'm so excited!!!!  Next, I went to lunch with Shannon for her birthday.  Her birthday is actually tomorrow.  She is going to be 48.  That is how old my mom was when she died.  Weird.  Maysen had an appointment with her counselor.  This counselor had told us before that if Maysen got in the vet program, she would help us get the other classes she needed. Today she told Maysen that she needed to just check Arena Scheduling every few hours and see if physics opened up.  We weren't too optimistic about that approach.  Our other option was to have Maysen take physics online during the summer.  Anyway, I decided to log on to Arena Scheduling to see if we would have any luck.  The rest of the grades were able to start messing with their schedules today, so there was a slight chance there would be some movement.  Nope.  Class was full.  I then went to look at Stockton's schedule.  I had forgotten to log out of the 3rd period/science filter.  I looked at Stockton's schedule and then hit grade book to check his grades.  Right as I did that I noticed a 1 had popped up next to the physics class!  A seat had just opened!  Too bad my computer was going slow and heading to Stockton's grades.  As fast as I could I got it back to Maysen and I was able to snag the last spot in the physics class!  Yay!  We now have everything pretty much figured out.  This is our current plan, and we think this is how it will stay.

Maysen is going to do an internship with Sam during the summer. This will be great because she can get some experience and she won't have to work through the school.  Erica has had some busy work that she has had to deal with, so it will be nice to bypass that.  Stockton is going to take an online health class.

This will be Maysen's schedule when school starts:
A days:
Early morning seminary
Vet school
Physics
Statistics (Statistics will only be the first semester.  Then she will move seminary here and not have to go early morning anymore.)

B days:
Early morning seminary
Vet school
AP Government
AP English

That looks like quite an intense senior schedule for me.  I'm glad she has no desire to waste her time.

Stockton's schedule is just as tough.  He will have the same schedule the entire year.  I hope he likes his classes!

A days:
Calculus
Robotics
French 2
Honors Chemistry

B days:
Calculus
AP World History
Seminary
Honors English

YIKES!

No comments: