Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Rich's House

Maysen had late start today.  She left for the bus around 8:30.  A few minutes later I got a text from her saying a house was on fire.  Then a few seconds later she told me it was the Rich's house.  NOOOO!!! Sister Rich was Preston's primary teacher last year.  He LOVES her!   They are an older couple.  They served as the assistant temple president/matron in the Draper temple a few years ago.  I think they have lived here for 35 years.

Anyway, Preston hadn't left for school yet.  I was going to volunteer and take Preston with me.  Preston did not want to go to school until he knew Sister Rich was okay.  Sister Rich lives on the street behind us.   I drove to the far end of our street so we could take the secret pathway up to their street.  I saw the Nunes walking toward the smoke looking kind of confused.  I rolled down my window and told her it was the Rich's house.  Brother Nunes took off running as fast as he could. When Preston and I made it through the pathway we could see giant flames.  It was horrible.  I snapped a picture to send to Maysen.  My phone died right after that.  Later when I got home and charged my phone I found out that the picture didn't save.  Maysen and I went back tonight to get another picture.  When I snapped the first one the flames were as high as the tree.  The garage is destroyed.  Originally the garage was as high as the rest of the house.  Only one car was in the garage because Brother Rich had the other car at the church where he was practicing the organ.  Preston was so surprised that the pillars did not burn!
Rich's House
Sister Rich was standing on the street in her pajamas with a blanket and no shoes.  Preston went up to her and hugged her.  It was wonderful to see her not hurt at all.  That made Preston very relieved and happy that she was not hurt.  Heidi and Zane Christensen noticed the burning house first.  Heidi saw the smoke as they were walking to their new house.  She pointed it to her husband and he investigated. He yelled at her to run to the McHenry's and call the fire department. Zane jumped the fence and pushed in the door to the Rich's house.  He yelled over and over while clapping to see if anyone was in there.  Sister Rich was asleep.  He was able to get her up and out of the house.  Their quick acting certainly saved this house.  So glad that he went in and found Sister Rich.  She is a treasure.

No comments: