Friday, May 29, 2015

Overstock Lagoon Day

One of our favorite days of the year is Overstock Lagoon Day.  Three of the kids stayed home from school.  Stockton wanted to go.  He was glad he did.  He had a quiz in Biology and was taking a test in Technology when he was checked out.  He got 3/4 of the way done.  I told him I would have waited for him to finish!  Yikes!  He also had a test in French that he missed.  No wonder he didn't want to miss any school. 
Preston & Maysen
 I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing my children together.
 Maysen & Preston
 Jorja got on at the last second
 Maysen & Preston
 There was a peacock just walking around . . . a peacock!
 Mike
 Maysen & the peacock
Preston looks hilarious in this picture.  I wonder how Maysen convinced Jorja to sit on the side?
Preston, Maysen, Jorja
 Maysen & Preston
Preston & Maysen at the saddest place on earth...
The Lagoon Zoo
 Mike
There were more people at Overstock Lagoon Day then in previous years.  We actually had to wait in lines!  We were getting tired and thought about going home around 8:00.  That was when we noticed the lines disappeared!  So much more fun that way!  Jorja wanted someone to ride the white roller coaster with her.  That ride hurts my head, so I didn't want to do it.  She told me she would ride the Rocket with me if I did.  I took her up on it.  Earlier today we waited in line to ride Blast-Off.  Once we were seated Jorja was so scared.  She was crying in her seat.  I was surprised that she agreed to go on it again.  This time she loved it!  We went on it four times in a row!  We would run from the exit and be able to get on the next time it loaded.  Fun! Fun! Fun!  I then went on the white roller coaster with her.  I discovered that if I raised my hands really high, braced my legs and sat a bit forward that my head wouldn't get so jiggled and I could handle the ride better.  I only went on the ride once though.  Jorja and Preston did it a few more times.  We then had fun riding the Wild Mouse, Spider and Wicked. Jorja refused to ride Wicked.  When I was riding it with Preston and Maysen she had a moment of weakness.  Mike and Stockton pounced and convinced her to ride it.  She was nervous, but she did it.  She went on it with me, Stockton and Preston.  As soon as the ride finished she yelled, "AGAIN!"  Preston was SO happy!  He shouted, "I knew it!" Then he kept giving me the biggest smiles.  Jorja went on Wicked again with Mike & Preston then one more time with Maysen & Preston. The ride closed while they were on it.  Stockton told me he could see this going one of two ways.  Jorja loving it and wanting to ride it like crazy, or being completely scared and screaming like mad.  Glad it turned out this way!  What a fun, fun day!  I was pretty sick on the way home.  Glad Mike was driving.  I got myself a piece of dry toast as soon as we walked in the door.  That seemed to help.  So tired but so much fun.

No comments: