Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mothers' Day

I had a great Mothers' Day!  Mike and the kids got me a new blender. Our other one has been running on fumes.  We got it when we were married 19 years ago.  Mike got me a Blendtec.  Then we spent the next bit watching "Will It Blend?"  Preston was laughing hysterically. Preston gave me a cute necklace with a moon on it that says, "I love you to the moon".  He also gave me a box.  When I opened it there was a card that said, "I love this person the most in the whole world."  Or something like that.  I can't find the card now.  I must have thrown it away when I threw away the wrapping paper.  Anyway, when I opened the box there was a mirror.  He also gave me a card he made for me at school.  It says, "I love you because you do so much for me.  You make me happy.  You always hug me.  You are the best!"  When I open each level of the card it says just a bit more.  "Mom, I love you because. . . You do everything for me.  You always cheer me up when I'm sad. Even when you're upset you still hug me.  I love you to the moon and back!"

The primary kids sang "I Often Go Walking" today.  One little boy meowed the entire song.  Jorja and Stockton were cracking up.  Mike and I sat down in Gospel Doctrine when I looked at my phone.  I had received a text a few minutes before asking if I would teach Jorja's Sunday School class?  So, Mike and I walked out of Gospel Doctrine and headed down to her class.  I'm glad they texted me.  The last two weeks no one has shown up.  I should just prepare a lesson and teach anyway.  The lesson was on reverence and revelation.  I decided to teach my Gospel Doctrine lesson from a few weeks ago.  So we talked about The Unmerciful Servant and the Good Samaritan.

Maysen gave me a card she made in church.  I meant to take a picture of it, but I didn't.  The words are what was great anyway.  She said, "Dear Mom, You are a mom.  You are my mom.  You are beautiful and clever and sweet and all things that I want to be.  Thank you for being my favorite teacher and my best friend.  Love, Maysen"  I better not lose that!  It made me so happy.  I love her.  I'm glad she likes me!

I got to do lost of fun things today.  I played catch with Jorja, wiffle ball with everyone, watched Dr. Who with everyone, Mike made homemade bread, Mike and Maysen played Settlers of Catan with me.  I'm sure I did more, but that is what I can remember off of the top of my head. What a great day!
Maysen, Stephanie, Stockton, Preston, Jorja
Stephanie
Maysen
I just remembered one more thing.  Jorja has been loving softball and is so sad to see the season come to an end.  She wanted to know the next time she could play.  I talked to Erica at church and she told gave me some different ideas.  Plus, they said they would give Jorja Erica's old catchers equipment!  Wow!  I hope they do.  They might forget, but if they do that is so nice!  Mike and I looked at a couple of different things.  We talked to Jorja about them.  We ended up signing her up for a softball camp at BYU.  It will be the same week Stockton is there at dive camp.  Jorja is going there by herself, not knowing anyone, and has barely started this sport.  For my super shy girl, she is mighty brave!

No comments: