Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Maid of the Mist/Preston's a Wolf

Wow.  I had to wait all night long for my pictures to load last night. Tonight they came up almost instantly.  Nice!  Marie was so cute last night.  I snapped this picture of her puppy 'Itty Bitty' watching over when she slept.  In the morning Itty Bitty was on the floor.  Marie is convinced that Itty Bitty sleepwalks.
Itty Bitty & Marie
 My dad preparing for the next day.
We had some time this morning to explore a little bit of the town called 'Niagara on the Lake'.  That is the official name of the town.  We went down to Lake Ontario and played around a bit.
Marie & Mina by Lake Ontario
Our bus driver has started bringing a fold-up bike on the tours.  We spotted him riding around and he gave us a quick demonstration.
Dan and his bike.
Marie and Mina loved the blossoms falling from the trees.  They pretended it was snow and made some flower balls.
Mina & Marie
We picked up our lunches and saw another quick view of Horseshoe Falls before it was time to head over to the boarder.  My dad was leaving with a cart full of sandwiches when one of the workers chased him down and asked if he needed this.  She was holding his wallet.  Oh boy.  That could have been bad.  My dad probably wouldn't have noticed he didn't have his wallet until he tried to pay for the Maid of the Mist tour.  Not only does he have his credit card, but he has Mormon Heritage's credit card.  That would have caused big problems! Luckily that didn't happen.  We did get to enjoy the Maid of the Mist tour.  We left from the New York side.  The Canadian side changed the name and hiked up the price.  It is really cool to see the falls from down below.
Stephanie, Mina, Marie
 Rachel
 Brett & Grace
Can't believe she fell asleep while being pelted by water!
 American Falls
 Marie, Mina, Stephanie
Marie loves the souvenir pennies too.  I was telling Rachel about Jorja & Preston's books.  I went to buy one, but they were all out.  Drat. Marie and Mina both got one, but Mina's was lost before we finished the day.
Marie
Marie and Mina took turns riding on the tour bus with us.  Marie got to speak in the microphone and tell everyone we were stopping at Miriam Young's grave.  Marie has got quite a fan club!
Marie
While we were at the grave Maysen texted me saying the school dropped her statistics class.  They want her to take an online precalc class.  Luckily Maysen didn't let them mess with the rest of her schedule.  Hopefully we can figure out a better plan then what they have suggested.  There are so many reasons I don't like this plan.  I am not happy at all about this.

Preston received his wolf today!  I'm so proud of him!  I wish I could be there.  I asked Mike and the kids to send me pictures of his pack meeting.  They played a life sized version of Hungry Hungry Hippo. Fun!
Preston
 Aidan & Preston
 Preston & Luke
 I know this is sideways, but here is his wolf
 Matthew, Megan, Mike, Preston, Maysen, Crew, Suzanne
 Mike, Preston, Maysen
 I love that Preston pinned the 'Mother's Pin' on Maysen.
I do wish I had asked to have a picture of all the wolves, but oh well.  I am so glad they remembered to send the pictures to me.  Mike took the kids out to Sizzler after pack meeting.  It looks like Preston had a great time!

Mina is now asleep next to me as I type.  So fun to have sleep overs with Brett's girls!

No comments: