Saturday, May 16, 2015

Crazy Aunt Mona's High Tea

I begged and pleaded and was finally able to convince my kids to walk a mile and a half with me to go to breakfast.  Mike and I went to the Bear Paw years ago with the Kaylors.  I still remember it.  The walk wasn't bad.  Preston and I ran most of the way.  Breakfast was delicious.  Mike was teasing me for ordering oatmeal when there was a ton of delicious things to try.  I couldn't make up my mind, and I wanted to try the oatmeal.  The granola on top was my favorite.

On the way back we stopped at the St. George Tabernacle.  Preston liked the star chairs.  He wanted to play musical chairs and you were out if you weren't sitting on a star chair.  There were tours going, so I wouldn't let him play that!
Preston
 Jorja & Stockton on some steep, historic stairs
 Jorja's new friend
 Jorja by a lock gate.  Not quite Paris . . . 
I loved watching my family walk home.  I am so lucky!  It would be perfect if Maysen was here with us!
Jorja, Stockton, Mike, Preston
 Jorja & Stockton
We packed up and headed to Mona's house planning to get there at 1:00.  As we drove out of the RV park I noticed that the invitation said 3:00.  Whoops.  We stopped at a store and bought a few things then parked in a church parking lot.  Mike slept while the kids played catch outside.  Jorja loved that! We made it to Mona's at exactly 3:00. Mona's kids were all there.  Mona had all these fancy little sandwiches. Tons of different kinds.  She was pretty excited about it.  Steve and Shannon got there before we had to leave.  Here is a picture of the blood relations.
Mike, Holly, Mona, Alan, Cynthia, Steve
The kids were troopers because they didn't know anyone.  They didn't complain, but were ready to leave after we were there for a couple of hours.  Jorja checked my email on my phone and noticed that there was no email saying softball practice was cancelled.  She wasn't too happy with me.  I did get her all cozy on the bottom bunk with headphones and she watched Sandlot for the first time.  She liked that. Mike and I split the driving today.  I did a lot better on the way home.  I was much more confident.  We got home just after 10:00.  Maysen did perfectly fine without us.  She had to drive herself to her group meeting.  She hates driving, so this forced her to drive.  It is nice to be home in our cozy bed with my entire family near me!  What a great life!
Preston's lizard friend

No comments: