Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Schedules

My dad came up this morning to help me with my lesson on Sunday.  I have to teach Gospel Doctrine.  I'm not excited about it.  I'm quite terrified.  I taught Gospel Doctrine once in Georgia and shook the entire time I was up there.  I don't like talking in front of adults.  If I have to, I would rather it be a sacrament talk because then I know where I'm going.  I'm not going to have a weird left field question that I have no idea how to answer.  At least they have two different Gospel Doctrine classes here.  Hopefully everyone will show up to the other class.

Maysen was supposed to do her schedule for next year today.  In the past, the kids have been able to build their own schedules.  They choose the class times and the teacher.  I have loved it!  It looks like this year the kids don't get to choose their own teacher.  I'm not sure if they get to choose their own class time.  I guess we'll see.  I loved how the schedule was put together the other years.  We would ask around and find out things about the teachers.  I loved having some control. Stockton really, really, really didn't want English first thing in the morning.  It had been like that the last two years and he was sick of it. This year he had English as his last period.  Little things like that have been nice to control.  I wonder why they changed.  Scheduling the other way made the kids feel more grown up.  Anyway, we got a message saying there was a problem with their system and we would have to do it later.  Maybe they should go back to the old way.

I had pack meeting today.  Maysen, Stockton and Jorja served at the food bank.  Maysen was furious with me because I wouldn't let her take her ds on the ride up.  Maysen and Jorja worked with potatoes. Stockton sorted food.

No comments: