Saturday, April 18, 2015

Camille's Homecoming

Jorja went to her friend Kate's house to play today.  It is the first time she has been there.  We have been hearing a lot about Kate recently. Jorja calls her 'KitKat'.  They seem to have a lot of fun together.  I'm glad Jorja is branching out and making more friends.  She still misses Jazzie terribly.

Preston and I picked up Jorja from Kate's house and dropped her off at her softball practice.  Then I took Preston to get church shoes!  And the crowd goes wild!  Yay!  This is a major cause for celebration.  I never remember he needs church shoes until Sunday.  He has worn black crocs to church for a year now.  Preston was not excited that I remembered to get him shoes.  Sometimes I wish I was a better girl.  I wish I knew how to shop, do hair nice and put on makeup.  I don't want to learn how to do those things, I just want to know how to do them.  I could probably learn the last two, but shopping is torture.  The only time it wasn't was when Alisha would help me shop.  I walk in a store and immediately want to turn around.  I feel so overwhelmed.

Anyway, Preston and I managed to get him some church shoes and some tennis shoes.  The tennis shoes were hard because I refused to get him shoes with Ironman, Batman, Spiderman or other such nonsense on them.  Why do they even make those for kids his age?  We hurried home and were able to get the last things packed in the motorhome. We drove the motorhome to pick up Jorja from her softball practice. We then drove to the Walmart parking lot, which is also connected to Payless.  Mike went to Walmart while I took Jorja to get church shoes and Maysen to get tennis shoes.  We got some, but it was horrible. Jorja doesn't want any shoes that show her toes.  She wants church shoes she can wear socks with and she wants them white.  We finally left with a 'good enough' pair.  Oh well. 

Maysen, Jorja and I then walked to Zupas for a dinner we could eat on the way.  We are headed up to Idaho again for my cousin Camille's mission homecoming.  Well, my cousin Rozie's daughter Camille's mission homecoming.  I was going to drive by myself until Mike suggested we all go.  We got to my grandpa's around 9:00 at night.  We went inside and talked to him for awhile and then slept in the motorhome in front of his house.  I love that we can do this!

No comments: