Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Payson Temple

Mike came home early from work today.  We checked out Preston a little bit before lunch.  He went to school wearing his suit and looked absolutely adorable.  Preston was at recess when we got there.  The lady said, "He should be easy to recognize.  He is wearing a suit and orange tie."  I was surprised she noticed, but she kept saying over and over how adorable he looked.  I obviously agreed.  Mike and I took Preston to the Payson Temple open house.  We were only able to get tickets during the day.  We didn't want to check the other kids out of school this close to AP tests.  Besides, Preston is the only one who can't go in a temple right now.  It was fun to have some one on one time with just him.  We were there a bit early and took the time to walk around the temple.  It is beautiful!  The color reminded us of sand.  It blended into the mountainside in a cool way.  Preston had his 3ds and took many pictures of his own.  I loved watching him!
Stephanie & Preston
 Preston & Stephanie
 Mike & Preston
 Preston, Stephanie, Mike
 Stephanie watching Preston taking pictures
The temple was absolutely beautiful!  They had an apple blossom theme throughout the temple.  The chairs looked so fun.  The sealing rooms were huge!  In the marriage waiting room there was a picture of a black girl in a wedding dress.  I think she was in a wedding dress.  I can't really remember.  I absolutely loved the picture.  The girl was gorgeous.  Okay, I did a quick search to see if I could find the picture.  I couldn't, but I did find out a little about it.  The picture was of a pioneer woman.  One of the first settlers in Utah Valley.  Her name was Jane Elizabeth Manning.  It is an original painting done by a local artist. Stunning.
Preston
 Preston & Stephanie
After the temple we took Preston out to eat at a Chinese restaurant.  I can't remember the name.  It wasn't my favorite.  I don't think my chicken was cooked all the way.  Several times I had to use my napkin to get rid of the food in my mouth.  I felt sick the entire way home and for most of the day.

Maysen was supposed to register at 3:00.  This year they picked the schedule and then you could change it, supposedly.  The annoying thing was they gave her Squires for physics.  There is no way in the world we would have put Squires on her schedule.  The teacher we wanted was filled up.  If the scheduling was done like last year Maysen would have gotten the good teacher for sure.  I was frustrated and not feeling good.  I ended up snapping at both Mike and Maysen.  Not the best end to a previously great day.  I did stay and watch Stockton dive. That always makes me feel better.  It was just him and Gage again. Stockton has really been working on his twist dives.  They are so much better.  He did an inward full twist that was so good!  I had never seen him do that before.  He was so high!  I love watching Stockton work for something.  Most things come pretty easy to him.

No comments: