Saturday, April 4, 2015

Josh's Ear

Today was the second day of Stockton's dive meet.  Nine dives on the 1-meter today.  Everything was going fine and dandy until Josh did a 21/2 pike during warmups.  He came out early, so it was more like a 21/4.  Huge belly flop.  The only problem was he realized it and tried to save the dive.  That caused him to rotate to the side just a tad and he landed on his ear.  He was in so much pain he had to pull out of the meet.  His balance was way off, so diving would not be a good idea.  He ended up having blood in his middle ear and a tear in his eardrum.  Not good.

I talked to Jonas mom today.  I showed her a picture I had of Stockton and Jonas back when they tied for 1st place at conference.  It is such a good picture of both of them.  Jonas now dives at the U, just like Stockton did.  He is in 8th grade.  She said it's frustrating because the high school divers dive, then there is little kids and Jonas is basically by himself.  That is just like it was when Stockton was there!  Too bad Jonas and Stockton never overlapped, that would have been great for both of them.
Jonas, Stockton, Gage
 Stockton, Gage, Jonas - with the U behind them
Mike took Jorja to her first softball practice.  Most of the girls on her team have never played before.  He said she liked it and did pretty well. When I came home from diving my dad was at our house.  Mike was teaching him how to move files from his laptop onto a hard drive.  My dad was worried that he lost everything.  Luckily he didn't, it will just take awhile to get to all his files.

We missed the morning session of conference, but were able to watch the afternoon session.  I love listening to conference.  I look forward to it for a long time.  I love that all of my kids watch it with us without complaining, even Preston.  Mike and Stockton watched the priesthood session in the movie room.  I heard bits and pieces of it.  The talk where how mission calls were assigned sounded interesting.  I'm going to have to watch that one later.

No comments: