Monday, April 6, 2015

Aquarium

Today was the first day of our spring break!  We celebrated it by going to the aquarium.  Shannon was going to meet us there with Erica and Weston.  We were ready to go before they were, so we went ahead.  Yesterday we didn't plan a specific time and I forgot about scouts, so I was anxious to start early.  It worked out well.  We saw them there and we were able to spend as much time as we wanted.  Three of my four kids LOVED the aquarium.  Stockton was a very good sport.  He did not complain at all, even though I know this was not how he wanted to spend his spring break.  He is a great kid.
Preston, Maysen, Jorja, Stockton
We spent a lot of time in the penguin room.  Maysen loves penguins. She took a lot of videos of them.  We found signs with information about each penguin, we spent a lot of time figuring out which penguin was which.
Maysen & Jorja
 Preston
 Maysen
The kids loved watching the otters.  The workers hid fish around the room while the otters were out back.  When they let them in, we watched them go on a scavenger hunt.  Maysen got some good videos of the otters, but I'm too tired to wait for the videos to load.  She loved watching them.  We also spent a good deal of time in the rainforest area for Jorja.  She got to look at a lot of frogs.  Happy Porge. 
Jorja, Stockton & Preston, Maysen
Preston got his arm soaking wet trying to touch a sting ray.  I ended up getting him a shark shirt.  He loves it!  We watched a weird 4D movie. I slept through most of it, but I don't think I missed much.  I hurried home and got scouts ready.  Griffin was out of town, so we worked on stuff that Griffin had already passed off before Crew and Burke came into the den.  We got a lot done, so I was happy about that.

Today is Mike's mom's birthday.  She would have been 76 years old. That's weird.  We celebrated by getting Kentucky Fried Chicken and having a picnic at her grave.  She loved KFC.  Lisa and Michael met us there.  I should have gotten a picture of them!  At least Mike and Lisa together.  They brought beautiful flowers.  Obviously this picture was taken before they got there.  Shannon and Erica were pulling into the graveyard as we were leaving.  I wish it would have been a bit warmer for the picnic!
Jorja, Maysen, Stockton, Preston, Mike
 Preston & Mike

No comments: