Monday, March 30, 2015

THIRTY!

Mike was able to stay home from work today.  He works such long hours, then when he is home he usually puts in more time before he finally falls asleep.  Now, about every other week he gets an extra day off.  It is so nice.  He did a ton of stuff around the house today.  He cleaned out one side of the garage.  That is still a mess since we have a ton of wood from Mike's dad's ceiling still in there.  He also taught my scouts for me.  He taught them about tools and then had them help him repair our gate.  It was great!

Maysen got her ACT scores in the mail today.  I wanted to open it, but Mike wouldn't let me.  I'm sure if he wasn't here I would have waited, but I was so anxious!  As soon as Maysen walked in the door we handed her the envelope.  Mike, Stockton and I all stood around her while she opened it.  I said, "I'm hoping you get at least a 28.  Sorry if I just made you feel bad and you got lower than that."  She looked at her paper and said, "Is the composite score my score?  I got a 30."  We all cheered so loud for her!  I gave her the biggest hug!  What a great job!  I was a little nervous for her because when she came home from the test she told me that she didn't finish the math portion and had to guess at the last questions.  I think she said she didn't finish the science portion either and made educated guesses at the end.  The day before the test her dad showed her how to do ohms.  She didn't have time to do the problems, but she knew enough to make educated guesses.  Anyway, so proud of her!
Preston did the lesson for Family Home Evening.  It was pretty funny. He made signs that said, "YOU MADE IT" and he nailed them to the fence.  We met downstairs and he hid a hammer in the dark.  We had to look for it.  Jorja found the hammer first.  She went outside and had to use the back of the hammer to get the nail out and get her paper.  Jorja then came down and hid the hammer in the dark.  We went until everyone had a chance to get their paper out.  Actually, not everyone had to find it in the dark.  I got to find it with the light on.  When we each had a paper Mike asked, "What was the point of your lesson?" Stockton said, "It is easier to find hammers with the lights on." Preston said, "No, Heavenly Father will help you in life like the light helped you find a hammer."  So cute! 

No comments: