Thursday, March 5, 2015

Major Brett

Brett was promoted from Captain to Major last Friday.  He sent us some pictures today.  Sunday Marie Facetimed us and told us that her dad doesn't have bars anymore, he has leaves.  Something like that.  So cute.  That is not why she called us.  She called us to tell us that she beat her dad at Dominion.  Way to go Marie!  Love it!

Anyway, my family has been emailing back and forth a bit about the pictures.  I haven't said anything because I'm not cleaver enough to participate in these type of conversations.  I'm going to document them because I love my brothers.

Brett:
Greetings family people,

Just wanted to let you guys know that last Friday I was promoted from captain to major.  I figure this is something that I should let my family know about.  We did the little promotion ceremony down at gitmo, which was pretty cool - even though an iguana photo bombed us.

That is all,

B
Brett and the General (not the train, but probably important)
 Brett
 Iguana
Matt:
Major Millburn,

First of all, it's not a photobomb if you take a picture of something and that something is in the picture.  Secondly, congratulations, that is awesome.  Thirdly, do they punch you when they put the rank on your uniform like they would do to us?  Fourthly, do you have to do a bunch of push ups as a punishment for getting promoted?

Matthew Paul

Bubs:

That's awesome, congratulations.  By the way, Iguanas taste like chicken, with tons of bones to watch out for.  True story.

Brett:

Matt, the first pic of me standing next to the general had the iguana in the bottom right - photo bombing.  Clearly you didn't study the pics as much as I did.  Luckily there wasn't any push up punishment or rank punching.  They probably knew I couldn't take it mentally or physically if they did.

Mike:

Sweet!  Gradulations!  How was your speech?  Looks like you gave one from the photos...did you tell any jokes?  Good work!

Brett:

For my big speech I said, "I just flew in from D.C. and boy are my arms tired. . . . arms tired. . . . is this thing on?"

And then I said how my grandpa will be happy that I am not a captain anymore because he hates captains.  His captain ran off when they were under fire.  And how he took their radio with him.  That's what I said, more or less.

Beeyodsaveek

No comments: