Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Chinese and Pirates

I dropped Maysen off bright and early to take the ACT test today.  As a result, Stockton does not have to be to school until 12:00.  I wanted to take him to lunch since I had him to myself.  He told me it was free pancake day at IHOP.  That was our plan.  Although when we stepped outside we had a problem.  SNOW!  A lot of it!  There has hardly been any snow this year, but right then it was coming down in buckets!  I cleared the snow off of the windshield and we headed out.  It was slow going.  There were cars all over the road.  The road was pretty slick.  We decided that by the time we got to IHOP we wouldn't have time to eat. We weren't sure how long the wait would be with the free pancake thing going on.  I turned and headed to a pizza shop by the grocery store.  We trudged through the snow only to find out it was closed. Great.  We got back in the car and made our way to Smokey Mountain Pizza.  We were the only ones in the entire restaurant.  Stockton thought that was pretty great.  He got pizza and garlic bread and I got a sandwich.  It was pretty good.  We scarfed down a little bit and then got some togo boxes.  Stockton ate in the car while I slowly made it to school.  We got there on time, and I made it home accident free.  Talk about a success!

Maysen felt like she did really well on the English portion, but she didn't finish the math or science section.  She felt like the questions she answered she answered correctly.  Hopefully she was able to guess right on the other ones!

Maysen and Jorja had New Beginnings today.  Jorja and I weren't able to go and we were very sad about that.  Mike and Maysen went to New Beginnings.  Mike left really early for work and came home about 5:30. He thinks he fixed the problem.  Hopefully that won't happen again. I'm glad he was able to make it home for Maysen.  It was a pirate theme.  Maysen LOVED it!  Mike sent me a lot of cute pictures.
Maysen the pirate 
 Maysen's table.  She was in charge of knowledge
 Severine and Maysen introducing Presley to Young Women's.
 Maysen and Sister Yauney.
Maysen is receiving her Honor Bee.
 Kind of blurry, but these are the Laurels.
Maysen, Mallory, Severine, Melissa, Emily, Regan, Sarah, Sister Yauney
The reason Jorja and I could not come to New Beginnings was she had a Chinese festival that she was singing at tonight.  She stayed after school every day for a couple of weeks to get ready.  She was so excited about this because it was going to be several different schools, even Jazzie's!  The only problem was on Friday she found out Jazzie couldn't come because it was her New Beginnings.  Jazzie's birthday is in July, so she was getting introduced to Young Women's.  Jorja was introduced last year.  Even though it was sad to miss it, it would have been a bigger deal to miss it last year. 

The festival was at the new high school.  Holy cow!  It is so nice!  As soon as we walked in, Jorja's friends found her and hurried her off to practice.  I wandered around with Preston.  He made this lantern.
Preston 
They had a cool dragon you could go and get a picture with.  I wanted to wait and get a picture with both Preston and Jorja, but the dragon was gone when Jorja was finished...and my phone died.  Here is a blurry picture of the dragon as it was dancing around.
This afternoon I texted Scoop and told him about Jorja's performance. Scoop and Cori came to watch.  That was really nice.  Especially since they had just found out about it.  The doors to the auditorium were locked.  Cori texted me letting me know they were here.  I told her I would find them.  I left but I didn't want to have to walk all the way around again.  I did the only logical thing I could.  I stuck my shoe in the door and ran through the high school with only one shoe.

When Jorja finished rehearsals she was really upset because she found out Jazzie was here, but had already left.  She didn't get to see her because she was practicing.  I was walking her back to the stage, but I needed to get Preston who was finishing a dragon puppet.  I asked Cori if she could walk with her.  Cori said she perked up when she saw Ella.  I'm glad Jorja is making other friends.

My phone died and I managed to get no pictures of Jorja.  Cori has some.  Maybe I'll get them one day.  I did snap this picture.  Preston's pretty happy.  That was sure nice of Scoop and Cori to spend the evening with the three of us.  Especially since they knew Mike and Maysen wouldn't be here.
Scoop, Cori, Preston
Jorja sang her song with her other friends.  She sure hates being in front of people, but she did a good job.  I can't believe how well she does at Chinese.  I love listening to her.  I just wish she would let me hear her talent more often.  Cori and I walked Preston to the bathroom. When he came out he ran at full speed and jumped into Cori's arms and just hugged her.  That is one sweet boy.

No comments: