Friday, March 27, 2015

A in Math

Jorja has late start today.  Her friends picked her up around 8:30 and they went and decorated Mrs. V's room.  Mrs. V was their 5th grade teacher.  She was great!  I wished many times that Stockton had her instead of his 6th grade teacher.  (She taught 6th grade that year.)  He would have had a much better year if that was the case.  This is the last year for the principal of the elementary school.  I wonder why he is leaving.  He has been fantastic.  I hope the next one is just as wonderful.

Maysen and Stockton had today off.  Their quarter ended yesterday.  I checked skyward to see if any of their grades had changed.  We were predicting Stockton to get all As and Maysen to get all As except for an A- in math.  When I got on skyward I saw Maysen's math grade had changed to an A.  I was floored!  Maysen and I were pretty happy about that.  As long as her psychology grade comes up to an A she will get another 4.0.  Her psychology teacher takes forever to update his grade book.  He has assured Maysen that she has an A.  She wanted to stay after and do extra credit but he told her she had nothing to worry about.  She said, "So if I don't get an A it's on you."  He answered, "Yes, if you don't get an A it's on me."  Haha.  Maysen makes me laugh.

I watched Anne today.  It is super easy to watch Anne when my kids are home.  She played with them the entire time.  Especially Stockton.  It makes me laugh how she HATES to go to me when my kids are home. Stockton played with her all day.  He is going to be a great dad one day.
Anne and Stockton
 Anne, Maysen, Stockton
I told my kids that there are two shows I would like them to watch with me, they could choose.  They yelled, "Not Pushing Daisies!"  They know me too well.  I loved that show.  They watched one episode with me and hated it.  They claim it gave them nightmares.  The other show is Dr. Who.  That is the one they choose.  We watched the first episode tonight.  I warned them that it takes a little while to like the show and not to judge it by this first episode.  Mike thinks it is hilarious that I like this show.  He says he never in a million years would have expected me to like it.  I keep telling him that it tells such good stories, in a totally bizarre way.  Stockton didn't want to watch it because it is popular.  I ignored that reason.

Today is Weston's birthday.  He is 12.  Crazy that all of Steve and Shannon's kids are now out of primary!  I bet Weston is thrilled with that fact.

No comments: