Saturday, March 14, 2015

3.1415926

Maysen had a lecture for AP US History at school today.  This is why she isn't able to volunteer at the zoo this year.  So sad about that!  The interviews were only held today, no exceptions.  This lecture was mandatory.  I might have tried to talk to her teacher about it except one of the mandatory training days for the zoo was the same day they were doing a practice AP test.  She just couldn't miss it.  Totally disappointing.  Anyway, Maysen was one of four or so students chosen to read a book written by the visiting professor.  They were able to meet him afterwords and have him sign their book.  They were also told they would be given a signed poster from him.  We were expecting an Abraham Lincoln poster or something like that.  I laughed so hard when Maysen showed me the poster she was given.
Maysen
Today is pi day!  We love pi day.  This is an especially big pi day because it is 2015.  Usually we celebrate pi day at 1:59, this year we tried to hit 9:26.  Lisa and Nathan invited us over for a pi party.  So many pies!  They were delicious!  My banana cream won best overall. We got a box of girl scout cookies.  Lisa and Nathan always do fun things.
Notice Melissa's avocado banana pie.  Yummy!
 I also made a peanut butter, banana marshmallow pie.  I loved it!
Preston wanted a picture of him eating pie right at 9:26.  We watched the clock until it turned the correct time and took the picture right away.  It wasn't until later I noticed that the lower clock has the wrong time!  Drat!  We should have waited longer anyways because I know the next two numbers are 53.  We could have tried to get a picture at 9:26 and 53 seconds.  Then I wouldn't have been able to get a picture of Stockton.  I need one of those!
 Preston
 Stockton
I tried not to eat too much, but the problem is: pie is delicious.

No comments: