Friday, February 6, 2015

Warm Snow

I absolutely hate the fact that I can't sleep in.  I was up at 6:00 and knew there was no chance of me getting back to sleep.  Preston woke up about a half an hour after I did.  Today was pretty relaxing, although I felt drained the entire morning.  I am not a night person at all.  It wipes me out when I stay up late.  We had fun playing games, drawing and reading.  Jorja had printed out a whole bunch of Webkinz pictures and the kids were coloring them for a contest.  Lincoln had brought up some cool oil pastels that they had fun using.

Today was really warm!  We didn't end up going outside until around 5:00.  We didn't want it to be too warm when we were sledding out there.  I just rode the snowmobile, but I had so much fun bringing the kids up.  Jorja loves our big black sled.  The first time down she had Ella and Abby with her.  They had the biggest smiles on their faces. Especially Abby.  I wish I had a picture of that!  It was adorable!
I noticed that the oil light came on the snowmobile I was riding.  I showed it to Bubs.  We traded snowmobiles so he could fix it and I could get the kids up the hill.  The only problem was, Mike and Bubs couldn't figure out which oil to put in and they did not want to get it wrong.  Like Bubs said, "I didn't want to be the one to break the snowmobiles!"  From the bottom of the sled hill I could see Steve and Sharon's cabin.  Their lights were on.  Mike and Bubs had tried calling Steve to ask.  Ange and I decided to drive over.  Steve and Sharon had just gotten there.  It was perfect timing!  We chatted for awhile and then Steve came over to help us.  They are going to come over for a bit tomorrow.  I was hoping they would be here this weekend!
Bubs made the food today.  I am so full!  I always eat way too much at the cabin.  I called and talked to Brett for a bit.  They went to Great Wolf Lodge a couple of days ago.  He said they loved it.  I was relieved. My family loves it, but that doesn't mean every family will.  It would have been embarrassing if they hated it and we had told them how great it was.  Luckily that didn't happen!
The cell phone reception is so much better here than it was in the summer.  I don't know if they built more towers, but holy cow!  What a difference!  Mike was able to watch his work meeting.  He tested out several things and said, "I could totally work from here now." Awesome!  We will have to try that out sometime!
I found an old recipe book camouflaged in the back of one of the kitchen cabinets.  The Bathtub Chocolate recipe sure looks like my mom's handwriting.  The paper doesn't seem to be yellow enough for it to be hers, but I am going to pretend.  Really, it looks exactly like it.  I always loved her lowercase rs.  The Ms are the same, the Qs.  I wonder if she wrote this?  If not, I wonder which one of her sisters handwriting looks just like hers?
This Refrigerator Rolls recipe is definitely my grandma's.  I sure do miss both of them.
I was planning on staying up and playing games, but I was too tired.  As soon as it was 10:00 I was in bed.  Looking forward to a fun day tomorrow though!

No comments: