Saturday, February 28, 2015

BYU/Gonzaga

After cleaning the bathrooms with the kids, showering and getting ready for the day, I was anxious to get to the temple.  It is the last day of the month and we kept putting it off.  We realized we would probably miss the session at Draper, so we headed to Jordan River.  Mike said he hadn't been back to that temple since I got my endowments out.  Wow! That was a long time ago!  As I was walking to the dressing room I ran into Shannon.  Talk about timing!  It was fun to go through the session with her.

After the temple, Mike took me to a Hawaiian barbecue place.  It was pretty tasty.  We were debating on going to eat before the temple or after.  I was worried if we went before that I would end up sleeping through the entire session, or wanting to.  When we got home, Mike finished making sock frogs with Jorja.  Well, one frog is finished and I think they have one more to go.
I got to pick the activity for date night.  I had thought and thought about what I wanted to do.  Finally I decided.  I wanted Mike to watch the BYU/Gonzaga basketball game with me.  He had to watch, cheer and not fall asleep.  It was a great decision.  Such an amazing game!  I think it was 21 years since they had an upset that great.  Maybe it was 31 years, I can't remember.  I do remember that BYU never trailed the entire game.  In basketball.  Against the number 3 team in the country. Incredible!  It was so fun having Mike watching the game with me instead of falling asleep and getting scared if I cheer loud.  Much better this way.  I didn't think BYU would pull it off.  Such a great game!

No comments: