Saturday, January 31, 2015

Diving Regionals

Stockton had his regional diving competition today at BYU.  He did so great!  He scored 192.15 which is about 50 points higher than he was scoring at the beginning of the season.  This was also his highest of the year.  Stockton came in 2nd place for the boys 5A.  Kimble was first. Obviously.  He scored over 300.  He is amazing to watch and is hoping to make it to the olympics next year.  This is only the second time Stockton has beat Josh, but Stockton did score higher than Josh's high. So cool!  Stockton added a double and took out his inward flip.  He scored 5 1/2s on his double and with the degree of difficulty it just made his score skyrocket past his previous high.  Stockton was so happy!
Kimble 1st place, Josh 3rd place, Stockton 2nd place
My friend from high school, Kristi Bell, also comes to the dive meets. Her daughter dives too.  She is a senior and decided to start diving this year.  I thought that was very brave!  She has had trouble doing and inward and a reverse dive.  It is pretty scary if you have never done it before.  In order to compete in state you need to compete in three dive meets and land a dive in each category.  Then the top 40 boys and girls get to go on.  I think it is top 40, but it might be a different number. There are not many divers, so it doesn't seem to make a difference. Anyway, Paige is super smart and was named on the All-State Academic Dive team, or something like that.  Kristi thought it was hilarious.  Paige had never landed an inward or reverse before, so today was her last chance.  She barely made her inward.  Her head had to go in before her feet.  She scored ones on it, but she did it.  When she did her reverse she landed on her head just barely.  It was the craziest looking dive, but again she made it.  Ones on that too I believe.  The coolest thing was when she did that one all the divers erupted in screams.  They cheered so hard for her.  It was so sweet.  She has a chance to compete at state depending on how many divers qualified. So cool!  I love diving.

Before I sent the kids to bed I wanted to talk to my girls.  I talked to Jorja first and told her that I am being released tomorrow.  She burst into tears.  It was so sad.  I didn't really know what to do because I kind of feel the same way.  Maysen came into the kitchen while Jorja was crying.  I told her what was happening.  I asked Jorja if she wanted to know who was taking my place.  She nodded.  I told her it was Preston's scout leader.  Maysen was by the sink and gasped, "Sue!  Sue's the new leader?  Wait.....will she be over everyone or just the beehives?"  I told her just the beehives.  Maysen said, "Jorja you are so lucky!  I want to be with Sue!"  I think Maysen's reaction helped Jorja a lot.  Sue is amazing.  I feel like I need to apologize to the scouts and their parents that now they have me instead of Sue.  Not looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments: