Saturday, December 27, 2014

Stephanie's 41st Birthday

Another successful birthday at the cabin complete.  I got up pretty early and took a shower.  I was able to read for a bit before the next person awoke.  It was Abby.  She likes to talk!  She told me all about her pretty Hello Kitty nightgown.  It is pink and sparkly.  She loves pink.  In the middle of talking to me she all of a sudden got tears in her eyes and said, "If Jesus took my mom away I would be sad.  If my mom died I would be really sad."  Then immediately the tears were gone and she started talking about her nightgown again.

I'm not sure what Stockton was showing these girls to have them all mesmerized, but he sure has a way with little kids!  They all seem to flock to him.
Abby, Stockton, Millie, Anne
 Jorja
Bubs made the food today.  He had scrambled eggs with sausage for breakfast and hamburgers for dinner.  Matt made Reese's.  We had my cake around lunchtime.  It was so good!  Except for the fact that the brownie part was hard to cut.  (Brownies with mint ice-cream on top.) Still plenty yummy.  My dad sent me up with a birthday present.  I was unable to guilt him into coming up this year.  He gave me jammies that both Maysen and Jorja were jealous of.  They were feet jammies without the feet.  Jorja liked that because her feet are getting so big that regular feet jammies sometimes bother her.  Maysen liked them because she liked the pattern.
 Stephanie
I only had one present to open this year.  The one from my dad.  For Mike's present I talked him into exercising with me.  He is so thrilled. The kids gave me different street pass games for the ds.

We spent a lot of time outside today.  Because it was my birthday I was able to get some family pictures of us in the snow.  We also spent a lot of time up at the Springs.  My toes were so cold when we left to go to the Springs.  By the time we finished they felt like ice.  It was pretty fun though.  I'm so glad we brought up sleds.  (Brought up sleds to the cabin, obviously you need sleds at the Springs.)  Jorja's is completely destroyed though.  Stockton's also has a pretty big crack.  At least we got a few old days of sledding with them though.  I didn't anticipate Mike and my sled to be one of the favorites.  It is big, giant and black. Jorja loved it.  She loved taking different cousins down on it. Usually Abby or Ella.  I'm glad it worked out so well.  I was pretty sure it would be a bust when we were buying it.
Jorja
 Preston
 I love this picture!
 Stephanie, Stockton, Maysen, Mike
Preston, Jorja
 Millie
 Stephanie, Mike, Preston, Maysen, Jorja, Stockton
 Preston
 Preston spent a lot of time working on a snow fort
 Ella and Preston
 Mike
 Maysen
 Stockton
 Jorja and Millie
 Ella
 Stockton
 Millie & Jorja
 I got Jorja a new frog hat for Christmas.
Found it on e-bay.  I might have been more excited than her!
 Preston
 Preston and Abby
 Maysen
 Abby, Jorja, Millie
 Uh-oh, I don't think Millie's very happy.
 Dad's make everything better.
 Abby and Jorja
 Abbs
 Preston
 Abby, Bubs, Millie
 Maysen
I played many games of Dominion today.  I didn't do very well, even when I tried to convince the pirates that it was my birthday so they should let me keep my gold.  They showed no mercy.  Yesterday I did great though.  We had a giant pingpong tournament.  Double elimination.  Stockton ended up winning the entire thing.  He was pretty excited.  It was fun to watch him.
Stockton, Preston, Lincoln
 Stockton
 First championship game victory complete
We played two games to 11.  One game on each side of the net because one side is clearly better than the other.  I lost to Mike and then to Matt.  I did defeat Preston and Ella.  Mike lost to Stockton and then to Matt in double overtime.
About to start game two of the Championship
 He was playing Bubs.
 Stockton and Abby
 Stockton makes funny faces while he plays
 Well, I love the smile here.
 The champion!  Stockton (and Mike with the cute photobomb)
 Matt helping Stockton celebrate
 Millie and Preston
We watched a lot of home movies that my dad gave us for Christmas. The kids thought they were so funny.  Especially anything with Matt. Matt dressed up as Abraham Lincoln was hilarious.
Abraham Lincoln played by Matt
One of our favorite lines, "One time my mom died."
Also Matt narrating a basketball contest was so funny.  This will be great to watch on the way home from Idaho.  The kids can watch the video of my dad driving to Idaho while we are on the way home.  Last night Sam took a video of us at the cabin watching a video of us watching a video of us at the cabin.  We are easily amused.
Maysen and Jorja
I had fun putting Stockton to bed tonight.   He was all tucked in, but I didn't want to turn off the lights until Jorja got to bed.  Usually Jorja takes forever to get to bed.  No exception tonight.  I told Stockton that this was the last time he would see me on this birthday.  Then I left and jumped back into the room, then I left again and did another silly thing back into the room, over and over again.  He loved it!  It didn't annoy him at all.  He laughed while thinking, "I've got the greatest mom in the world!"  Yep, she's pretty awesome.

No comments: