Friday, October 17, 2014

Great Wolf Lodge

Today was our last day at Great Wolf Lodge.  We decided against eating the breakfast buffet.  Instead we ate in the motorhome.  Much cheeper that way!  I got kind of frustrated because no one wanted to go swimming with me.  Seriously?  This giant watermark and no one wants to go?  I ended up guilting them into riding some of the rides with me.  I really wanted to ride the Tornado with Mike, Maysen and Stockton and I really wanted to ride the family inter tube ride.  Too bad the family ride would only fit 5 people.  Maysen got out and went down with Mike.  The kids suffered the water park for two hours before I was ready to leave.  I was a little upset because I was thinking how much my brothers and I would have loved a place like this growing up.  I love watersides, I wish there was someone in my family that liked them as much as I do.

We got everything out of our room before we went to the watermark.  It was so nice having the motorhome there!  We were able to change and go back and enjoy the rest of the festivities.  We spent the next several hours playing MagiQuest.  So much fun!
Jorja fighting the red dragon
The silver dragon is harder.  You have to do this memory game.  That's not terribly hard.  What makes it really hard is you need to register it within 3 seconds.  You have to hit the dragon four times, I think.  The dragon only has to hit you twice.  Easier said than done, but still pretty fun.
Stockton helping Maysen battle the silver dragon
We also helped the bear from the constellations back into the sky by finding the lost amulet and jewels and we helped the pixies regain their power to fly. 
Preston
 Preston & Stephanie
Jorja had a unicorn topper on her wand.  She didn't like it because every time she went to the tree to get her next assignment a loud unicorn would appear.  She did get that topper when she was in Kindergarten.  There was a dragon topper that matched her wand exactly.  We asked her if she would like the topper for her birthday, but we would let her play with it now.  She LOVED that idea!  Preston loved it too and convinced us to do that for him also.
Jorja and Preston with their new dragon toppers
We ended up eating all of our meals in the motorhome.  In exchange, we let the kids get a giant ice cream cone at the ice cream parlor.  They all thought that was a great idea!  Our next adventure was outside on the Howlers Peak Rope Course.  I had no idea that the cost of admission included your entire stay.  If we had done this yesterday the kids could have come back whenever they liked!  It was kind of cold, because it had been raining most of the day.  We still had a great time. All of our kids were tall enough and no one was afraid!  I was worried about Jorja.  We did something similar at Stone Mountain years ago and she freaked out!  I liked this one better than Stone Mountain because you didn't get stuck behind anyone.  There were so many different ways you could go.  Plus, this had several zip lines.  So much fun!
Jorja on Howlers Peak
We also played the Great Forest Challenge.  Six people go to four different rooms to compete in seven tasks.  Or something like that.  It was fun because our whole family got to be together.  The first room we had to step on fish.  Then we had to step on fish but avoid the red fish and eels.  The next room there was this table thingy.  We had to move our characters through mazes.  Stockton was so fast at that!  We then had a laser challenge where we had to walk through a room of laser beams.  Mission Impossible style.  That was great!  It was funny to see Mike doing cartwheels through all the lasers, even if it did make our score go down.  The last room was throwing balls at things that were projected on the walls.

After that we were ready to go.  The kids did humor me and let me take some pictures.  Too bad they all have spooky eyes.  I guess it is close to Halloween.
Maysen, Jorja, Stockton & Preston
 Maysen, Stephanie, Preston, Jorja, Stockton
 Maysen, Preston, Stockton
 Mike & Stephanie
We drove back to John and Cassie's house and got there around 9:30. The kids stayed in the motorhome and went to bed.  I think Preston was already asleep before we got there.  Mike and I went and played some games with my brothers.  So fun to be with them!  We have a pretty amazing life.

No comments: