Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Broken

I am in pieces.  I am emotionally spent.  I am broken.  I laid at my mom's grave for an hour and a half today and bawled my eyes out.  I want her back.  I begged her to not be dead.  I need her.  I have nothing left inside.  The worst thing is the people that live with me have not caused any of the hurt I am now feeling, yet they are left to suffer with a broken wife and mother.  I don't know how I will put myself back together.  I assume I will because I have to, but today I am a broken mess.

I left my mom's grave and made my way back home.  As I stepped up to the door my cousin Heather called me.  Perfect timing.  I needed her. Then before I hung up with Heather, Mike came home to surprise me for lunch.  He knew I was having a hard day and didn't want me to feel completely alone.  It was awesome.  I know there are people out there that still love me.  I am awfully hurt inside and still feel shattered, but like Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day".  

3 comments:

Heather said...

Love you Stephanie! I've been thinking about you all day.

Stephanie said...

Thank you Heather. You are much appreciated. Love you too!

Brett - Rachel B said...

Sorry things are so rough right now. I hope you feel better soon. Love you.

Brett