Sunday, August 31, 2014

Connor's Mission Farewell

Today was my nephew Connor's mission farewell.  He will be serving in the Philippines.  He leaves on his parents 20th anniversary.  Connor gave a cute talk on procrastination.  Tage sang and sounded wonderful. After church we went to Sherry and Matt's house.  They had a waffle bar set up.  Their backyard looks fantastic.  They have half of their backyard for horses.  Mike could only stay outside for a few minutes at a time.  Then he was sneezing the rest of the day.  We need to remember before we go to Sherry's house to have him take allergy pills for a week before.  I asked Mike to take pictures for me.  These are the ones he took.  I wish he would have gotten a picture of Connor, but he took more pictures than I did!
Sherry's backyard
 Sherry
Sherry, Mike's sister, married Matt who lived in my ward growing up.  I was at college and talking to my mom on the phone.  She told me she saw Sherry at a ward party.  I asked why she was there.  She told me she was with Matt.  NOOOO!  I knew they were perfect for each other, it was just really weird.  Anyway, Matt's little brother Chris and I were the same age.  We had many school classes together.  My mom always liked to tell me the story about how when we were in Kindergarten Chris' mom gave my mom a candy bar and note to give to me.  The note was from Chris.  It said he thought I was really pretty and asked if I would marry him.  (You can tell Chris was the youngest of NINE!)  I asked my mom, "If I eat the candy bar, does it mean I have to marry him?"  Chris and I got married (to different people obviously) a couple of weeks apart.  He now has NINE children of his own.  Holy cow!  His oldest is almost 18 and his youngest is 3 months.
Chris and Stephanie
Stephanie
 Jacob, Weston, Steve
 Cori, Scoop, Shannon, Brandon, people I don't know
Jacob, Weston, Steve
 Scoop & Lisa
 Sherry and Matt have the COOLEST mailbox ever!  I want one!
 Love the note Sherry left for the mailman
Today I played many games of Apples to Apples with the kids.  We played the regular edition, the Junior edition, the Disney edition and even the Bible edition.  Stockton decided to make a Stockton edition. We tested it out when he finished.  It was pretty funny.

No comments: