Monday, July 14, 2014

River Rafting

Today was spent at the cabin!  Half of our group left early to go river rafting.  Rachel, Ange, and I stayed and watched the kids.  (Matt and Sam got to go together, so did John and Cassie)  Luckily we had Maysen (who focused on Anne) and Jorja (who focused on the toddlers) to help us.  They were great!  We did really well, with a few moments of chaos!

They got back around lunch and switched with us.  The afternoon boat was me, Maysen, Rachel, Matt, John, Bubs, Ange and of course, Sharon.  It was a crazy ride.  A giant tree fell right in front of us. Freaked Sharon out.  I guess newly fallen trees are super dangerous.  I will have to look up the pictures because Lunch Counter was crazy fun! I bet there are some good ones there.  We stopped at the jump rock. John, Ange and Rachel all jumped.  Ange jumped for the first time!  I had no desire to jump because it is incredibly scary to climb there.  I did it last year and had no desire to do it again.  We were getting rained on for the rest of the ride, but it was really fun!

We came back to find Mike giving 4-wheeler rides to just about everyone.  Cassie said he was out there for 2 hours straight.  The kids all flocked to him because he gave the most fun rides.  Sorry Brett, Matt and Bubs, that is according to the kids.  Not my kids, but all the little kids that would run to Mike and treated the others like leftovers.  (I'm sure they were okay with that.)

Anyway, I have lots of pictures in random order.  My camera was uploading them weird.  I tried to work with it, then just decided it is what it is.  Here is our Monday:
 Mallory with Elsa hair.  I have this picture twice.
 BRANDON!
 Larkin, Preston, Blake, Mike, Skye
I had to give Lincoln a lesson in photo bombing.  He loved to stick his hand in the camera and say, "Photobomb!"  After awhile that becomes annoying.  I explained to him what a real photobomb was.  Solved that problem for the rest of the trip!
Lincoln's photobomb
More and more kids kept adding themselves to Mike's 4-wheeler.  It was pretty funny.
 Preston, Larkin, Blake, Trevor, Mike, Skye, Mallory
 Preston, Larkin, Blake, Trevor, Mike, Skye
 Bubs demonstrating to Lincoln a photobomb
 Larkin, Preston, Blake, Trevor, Mike, Skye, Mallory
 Cassie with Trevor & Brandon
 (Ange & Matt) John
 Skye, Mallory, Blake, Mike
 Brett, Preston, Larkin
 BOYS!
 Mallory, Brett, Jorja, Skye
 Preston, Larkin, Blake, Mike
 Trevor & John
 Lincoln & Bubs
 Preston, Lincoln, Blake, Mike, Larkin
 Marie, Brett, Mallory, Skye
 Skye, Brett, Marie, Trevor, John
 Mallory, Brett, Jorja, Skye
Grace and Anne are less than two months apart.  They look so much alike to me.  I took way too many pictures of them together.  I couldn't help myself!
Grace & Anne
 Anne
 Grace & Anne ~ Anne loved exploring Grace!
Abby got so sad because I wouldn't let her use Jorja's toothbrush.  She fell asleep on the middle of the floor.  She slept for hours!  I was thinking, "I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that tonight!"
Abbs & Bubs
Ange gave Ella Elsa hair.  The other girls were so impressed!  Especially Mallory!
Mina, Ange, Ella, Sam
 Ella
Ange giving Mallory Elsa hair
Mallory & Ella ~ Mallory is so happy about this!
Mallory ~ she even let me take a picture!
Anne & Maysen
Stephanie & Brandon
LOTS of kids on Jorja
I see Lincoln, Blake, Marie, Larkin & Skye
Preston, Jorja, Mina
Jorja LOVES this girl!
Preston, Jorja & Mina, Mallory
I stayed up until 1:30 or so playing Dominion with my brothers.  So much fun!  Poor Bubs and Ange, their kids were up so late!  I am at a really good stage of life.  My kids are so easy.  I don't want this stage to end.  It's amazing how quickly my family is growing up.  I'm not ready!!!

No comments: