Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Papa's Birthday

We have now made it home!  I had a hard time sleeping on the flight. Preston did not.  He slept in-between Mike and I and was perfectly adorable.  Before he fell asleep he asked us to save him some Biscoff cookies.
Preston
I texted my dad to let him know we had arrived.  He had forgotten to pick us up!  He remembered at 5 in the morning, then forgot.  That must be where I got it from!  We didn't hurry to get off the plane. Our carryon luggage was scattered everywhere.  We wanted to make sure we didn't leave anything.  We made our way to baggage claim, picked up our stuff, crossed the street and got there about three minutes before my dad.  Perfect timing!

Lisa had called Mike yesterday about having a surprise birthday party for their dad over at her house. Mike took the kids and they parked behind the church and walked to Lisa's house.  I had Young Womens. We just did a swimming activity at the Riddles.  They have a ginormous house.  They sold it last month and will be leaving at the end of this month.  SAD!  They sold it to a family in our ward.  Two of my beehives will be living in their house soon.  I really am going to miss Lisa (Riddle).  She has such a great help to me.  They have lived here around 18 years, but they wanted to downsize now that their kids are grown.
Sister & Brother Riddle, Ebony, Majena & Hadley-Kate
I left early and made my way to Lisa's house.  Sherry and her family had left, but everyone else was still there.  Tage had gotten in a motorcycle accident and was covered in road rash.  Poor girl.  Mike, Lisa, Nathan, Aimee, Scoop, Steve and I all played cards while the others watched The Lego Movie.  It was a nice time.  I took the kids home and left Mike to play more games.  It was quite late when we left and I am exhausted!
Mike, Stockton
Preston, Jorja, Scoop, Maysen

No comments: