Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Making Golf Holes

I got up at 4:45 this morning to exercise.  Bobby's class was outside in the rain today.  It was crazy but fun.  I was pretty annoyed because the last time I went to Bobby's class (before Hawaii) I was woken up with a text message that said, "Sup".  Last night, again, I got a text message at one in the morning.  This time it was from one of my Beehives asking about today's activity.  Seriously?  You have got to be kidding me!  I'm not sure which one it was because the number wasn't in my phone, but I think I have a pretty good idea.  Mike showed me how to put my phone on Do Not Disturb.  So, if you try to text me from 10 pm-7 am I will not see your text immediately!  In more fun news, I got to see Stockton do his inward one and a half for the first time.  It was awesome.

Today was my combined activity.  It was raining pretty hard yesterday and most of today.  We cancelled the water games and Mike helped me with another plan.  We brought a ton of random things from our house. The idea was to have each class make a miniature golf hole.  Mike had them take things one at a time.  It went very quick and he kept it orderly.  Nice!  Once the supplies were divvied out, the kids got to work on their holes.  We had six judges play the hole.  The prizes were given to "Most Enjoyable Hole" and "Best Theme".  The prize is homemake cookies brought to their class on the next non-fast Sunday.  This activity turned out great.  Most importantly, both my kids loved it!  I am so thankful to Mike to help me with this.  The idea, the gathering, the transporting, the running.....just everything.  It was perfect.  It is hard to see what is going on in the pictures, but this is all that I have.
Laurels - Maysen, B. Hawkins, Melissa, Severine
 Priests - Clark, B. Larson, Camee
 Beehives - Senora, Sephora, Olivia, Jenny, Olivia, Mike
 Jordan, Olivia, B. Masters, Senora
 Senora, Sephora, Olivia, Camee
 Deacons - James, Michael, Jordan, B. Masters
 B. Trost, Michael
The Miamaids won with best use of Theme.  I don't have many pictures of it, but it was so funny.  The missionary comes home, plays (snowboards), gets married (celebration with snow cone things), has kids (toy blocks strewn everywhere), gets in a car crash (car tools) and dies (the hole was in a box).  Don't worry, he made it to the Celestial Kingdom, there was a gold necklace on the box.  I hope I remembered everything, it was so funny!  I miss those girls! 
Miamaids - Nicole, Karen (judge), Zoe
Stockton's team won for "Most Enjoyable Hole"  The judges all loved it because it was an actual course with over and under things, and the ball wouldn't leave the course.  Stockton was thrilled his was picked.  I was watching him work.  He loves things like this.  He would much rather win a contest like this than a basketball game!
Teachers - Stockton, Logan, Johny
One funny thing that happened.  The Miamaids got a briefcase, but wanted it open for their hole.  I couldn't remember the combination, so I got Mike.  It was his briefcase after all.  He opened it in front of them and it was filled with candy!  Haha!  He used to take that when he was teaching primary.
Maysen, Severine, Emily
 Okay Emily.  One with you smiling!
Stockton took my camera so he could document his winning hole. These are his pictures.

No comments: