Tuesday, May 27, 2014

S'mores

I took Jorja to swimming today.  Her first time this year!  Swim team actually started two weeks ago, but we weren't able to make it until today.  I put her bike in the back of the car and asked her to bike home. I was planning on rushing to Preston's baseball game.  When I got home, Mike was already there.  That was a surprise!  He ended up taking Preston so I could finish getting my Young Womens' lesson ready.  We were doing camp certification.  I was asked to teach about the purpose of first aid, the four strops in treating an accident victim and cravat bandages.  I was not looking forward to that!  I had gotten permission for Jorja to go to camp with us this year.  When we were splitting off into our certification groups Darlene asked where Jorja was.  I didn't realize that she would be able to get her first year certification, I just wanted her to come with me.  I texted Jorja and she rode her bike down.
Jorja
We made s'mores at the end of the activity.  I didn't realize after all these years I had been making s'mores wrong.  The s'mores made with the fudge stripe cookies were so yummy!  Jenny started telling me all the different ways they have made s'mores.  With peanut butter cups, peppermint patties, Andes mints, orange chocolate.  She went on and on.  I definitely need to branch out more!
We now have baseboards through most of our house.  I only put one picture on here because they are quite boring, but I'm glad they are on the wall!

No comments: