Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 20th

I have spent quite a long time trying to get a video of Preston's show-and-tell working.  I'll have to try later, because I can't figure it out.  I was able to go to Preston's Chinese class today and watch his show-and-tell.  He brought 'Shiver' and 'Spare Shiver'.  Although Preston calls Spare Shiver 'Iceburg'.  Technically Iceburg is his name, but Mike and I think it is so funny to call him 'Spare Shiver'.  Anyway, Preston was so cute.  It was adorable to hear him speak Chinese.  Jorja translated the video for Mike.  Loved that!

I went to my mom's grave this morning.  She died 18 years ago today. My life would be so different if she were still alive.  There are so many things I miss.  It was like my family died when she did.  I hate that.  I hate that my kids don't have a grandma.  My mom would have been amazing.
Sometimes I really have a hard time on May 20th.  Today I kept myself super busy and did great.  My friends and I met to go hiking to Bells Canyon waterfall.  Jacqui, Camee, Becky (Bingham) and Heidi went.  It was such a perfect day for a hike.  We were so close to the waterfall when they decided to turn around.  They had to be back by 2:30 to pick up their kids.  I didn't want to turn around and told the others I would finish the hike by myself.  Jacqui and Camee decided to stay with me. We were only about fifteen minutes from the waterfall.  Neither of them had been there before.  There was so much water!  I don't think I had ever been here in May before.  That must make a difference.  Both Jacqui and Camee couldn't believe how big the waterfall was. Definitely worth the trip.  I am so glad I found it.  This is my first time hiking up here without Mike.  There were three different places where you could get lost.  I made all the right decisions!  Yay!
 Stephanie at the waterfall
 Jacqui, Camee, Stephanie ~ the waterfall is behind us...promise...
 Camee & Jacqui singing 'The hills are alive!'
 Stephanie
Mike, Maysen and I had our scuba class tonight.  We took our final test. We all passed, but I should have reviewed the dive tables more.  I messed up on one simple thing.  Still good enough to pass, but bad enough to annoy myself.  When we were in the water we did the out of air skill.  It was scared for that one, but it was no big deal.  I was so tired by the time class was over.  We got home after 10:30.  We checked on the kids and then collapsed into bed.

Our house is so torn up now.  The counters are gone.  The sink is out. Dishwasher gone.  Wow.  We do have a laundry room door and the downstairs toilet is hooked up now.  Little by little it is getting put back together.  Jorja is cute.  She told me that Stockton had them roll a dice for dinner and then he set up a little store.  Jorja made noodles using the sink in the bathroom and the microwave.  I'm glad our kids are so good at rolling with the punches!
 Old laundry room
 Laundry door!
 Downstairs toilet
 The rest of our downstairs looks like this.

No comments: