Friday, May 30, 2014

Five Times in a Row

The boys slept at Lagoon last night.  Maysen had to take a test and go to her French class this morning.  Jorja wanted to go to her violin breakfast party.  We were still able to get to Lagoon before it opened. This is what our house looked like when we left.
 We now have a sink!  Our old sink is temporarily hooked up.
 Fixing where Mike's leg fell through
We went straight to the motorhome and had lunch with the boys. Today was so much fun!  Preston said it was the best day of his life. Preston was finally tall enough to ride the scary rides.  It was awesome to be able to be together without anyone having to wait - unless it was by choice.  We went on Spider several times.  We asked Preston if he wanted to go on Wicked.  He did and was so excited!  Everyone went on this one except Jorja.  This was Mike's first time too.  We were strapped in and Preston says, "Does this ride go upside down?"  Oh boy!  There are usually no lines on Overstock Lagoon day.  Preston had no idea what he was getting himself into.  I said, "Yes.  It will be really scary, but fun."  We were now moving.  I told him it would shoot up really fast, but he will be okay.  Preston had a look of utter terror the entire ride.  He will never be able to make that face again if he tried.  He was yelling, "Scary!  Scary!"  This is the picture I took when the ride was over.  Preston has a bizarre look on his face.  A cross between being scared and relieved that the ride is over.  Preston kept saying the ride was "horrifying" and "more horrifying than fun".
Preston & Mike
The kids were so cute all day long.  Maysen was usually with Stockton and Jorja with Preston.  I love how they get along so well.
Preston & Jorja
 Preston & Jorja, Maysen & Stockton ~ Wild Mouse
 Preston & Jorja ~ Spider
 Stockton & Maysen ~ Spider
 Stockton & Maysen in chair #1, Jorja & Preston in chair #2,
I was completely freaked out that Preston was not with one of us.  Mike said not to worry about it and he would be fine.  Still.  I was glad when that ride was over!
 Stockton, Jorja, Preston ~ Scrambler
Maysen usually is on the Scrambler.  She loves those rides.  She had ridden them a lot and was looking for us.  I was with Mike and Stockton on the Rocket.  That is my favorite ride.  No one will ride it with me but them, and they will usually only go once.  (Well once on Blast-off and once on Re-Entry)  I was trying to talk to Mike when we were getting strapped in.  He said, "Can't talk.  Terrified."  He makes me laugh. When we got back together with everyone we went on the Bumper Cars a few times.  It was great.  Preston loved being able to drive.  So nice to be together!
Jorja & Preston
 Preston
 Maysen
 Jorja
 Stockton
 Jorja
We met my dad at lunch time.  We worked our way back over to Wild Mouse.  Max was anxious to ride that.  Preston was sad that he wasn't tall enough to ride in the back at Tidal Wave.  They loved the swings though.  Maysen & Preston rode Centennial Screamer together.  Jorja & Max did too.  Maysen said Preston loved it.  Preston told Maysen that it was better than Wicked because it goes upside down and he likes going upside down.  Jorja was pretty scared to ride it.  She said it was scary waiting for the ride to start, but once it started it was fun.  This was her third upside down ride.  When she was little she rode an upside down roller coaster in Georgia.  (She was too little for the swings, but not too little for that!)  She didn't like it and threw up after.  She also went on Air Race with me a few years ago.  That is the most evil ride in existence.  This third experience was a lot better than the first two! 

At the end of last year we went to Lagoon for Jorja & Lincoln's birthday.  I told Jorja I would get her Dippin Dots.  She always wants them and I never get them for her.  Well, turns out that they weren't selling Dippin Dots at the end of October.  Jorja reminded me of that today.  Several times.  We bought two Dippin Dots for everyone to share.  She loved that.

We played Bingo for a few hours.  Stockton needed his stomach to settle.  Maysen actually won a game with a ton of prizes.  Although before that game started I remember thinking, "Those are lame prizes." I can't remember everything she won, but I know she won hoop earrings and bracelets!  Haha.  She's going to love that!  Stockton also won a smaller game.  They were handed a paper that told them their prize, completely random.  He won a controller for Play Station 3.  Oh man!  No Play Station 3 at this house!
Maysen & Mike claiming their prize
Stockton and I stayed longer than the rest of the family.  He was not feeling well at all.  I finally talked him into walking around.  I bought him an Icee and that seemed to settle his stomach.  He was done for the day for sure.  He headed back to the motorhome with Mike and Maysen.  Jorja, Preston and Max had fun riding Wild Mouse and feeling like big kids.

As a joke I said to Preston, "Do you want to ride Wicked?"  I was shocked when he yelled YES!  He talked Max into riding it with him. Which meant my dad had to ride it too.  I did not want to ride it with Max his first time.  This time instead of a face of pure terror Preston had a face of pure joy.  Wow!  I didn't expect that!  He laughed and laughed.  He and Max thought they were so clever.  They were yelling, "This is wicked!"  Adorable.
Max & Preston
 My dad did not feel the same way
Preston then wanted to go again so he could get the silver medal.  I went with Max & Preston and let my dad off the hook.  Then Preston wanted to go five times to earn the gold medal.  So, we went four times in a row.  Then Max wanted to make it to five.  One more time.  That last time did me in.  I felt so sick.  Preston wanted to go seven times.  I told them no.  I would get them to five times, but no more.  So, at the end of the day Preston, Max and I rode Wicked five times in a row.  The last time got Max a little sick too, but Preston was unfazed.

My dad and Max stayed over with us.  It was a really, really fun day.

No comments: