Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Science Class

My friend ran the Boston Marathon yesterday.  As a result, she was not in town to teach the science class she usually teaches.  She asked me to substitute.  I didn't think it would be a big deal because there is another mom that teaches with her.  Anyway, yesterday the other mom called and left a voice mail asking if I had looked at the materials.  She hadn't. She hates science.  That is usually my line!  This is when I started to get really nervous.  The lesson was about motors.  We needed to teach for one hour.  I begged, pleaded and bribed Mike to come teach the class for me.  He agreed and did a fantastic job.  He surprised Jorja and she loved it.  I think the other mom and I could have faked our way through thirty minutes worth, but the last thirty minutes would have been a train wreck.  Plus, Mike actually taught them stuff.  Thank you Mike!!!
Mike
 Jorja & Mike
Preston had a baseball game today.  It was so windy that they cancelled the game shortly after we arrived.  Preston and I decided to go to Leatherby's instead.  One just opened this month near our house. Preston was adorable as always.
Preston
This is what our house looks like today.  I was worried that once the walls were put up on the laundry room the kitchen would not look as awesome.  Nope.  I still love it.  Well, technically the walls aren't up yet, but I can get a pretty good idea.
We are putting a wall in our downstairs bathroom to separate the bathtub from what has become a storage area.  This will probably be a good thing because we need all the storage space we can get!
 And back to upstairs...coming along quite nicely.

No comments: