Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Santa Cruz

Peggy and Janie picked us up today.  They took us to Sally's house.  It was a cute little house with a pool out back.  We didn't stay long, but the area sure was beautiful.  We then went to a beach in Santa Cruz.  I knew we were going to a beach with amusement park rides.  Peggy and Janie told me we didn't need swimsuits because the water would be too cold.  I believed them because it had been chilly all week.  What I failed to understand was water that is too cold for adults is definitely not too cold for kids.  Whoops.  They had a great time anyway.  I felt bad that Maysen was wearing long pants.  She had the most difficult time trying to play in the ocean.  She made the best of it though.  It was a beautiful, gorgeous day.  This is the first time Jorja and Preston have been to the Pacific Ocean. Maysen and Stockton had been there when they were little, back when we lived in Washington.

I will now post a lot of pictures.  63 to be exact.  Not bad when you consider that I took 241 pictures!  I would have taken more, but my phone ran out of batteries.  Good thing my dad took some for me!  Too bad I'll never see them..... Most of the pictures are of my family, my dad was in charge of taking pictures of the adults.  Too bad most of my pictures are of people's backs!  Oh well.  At least it will help the kids remember!
Jorja and Preston
 Maysen, Peggy, Jorja
 Preston and Maysen - look at how happy Preston is!
 Maysen and Jorja
 Beautiful Maysen
 Preston, Maysen, Jorja
 Preston
 Preston, Maysen, Jorja
 Preston
 Preston, Stockton, Maysen
 Preston and Jorja's legs
 Stockton and Maysen
 Jorja, Maysen, Stockton
 Stockton
 Preston
 Jorja and Preston pretending they are puppies 
 Preston puppy
 Stockton
 Preston & Jorja ~ This is what the view looks like behind us
 Maysen and Peggy
 Stockton and Maysen ~ This reminds me of
Stockton writing his ABCs at the beach when he was little.
Preston, Jorja, Stockton, Maysen 
Whoops.  Shouldn't have cut out the O.
 Maysen & Stockton
 Jorja & Preston
 Preston, Jorja, Maysen, Stephanie, Stockton
 Grandpa, Jorja, Preston, Maysen, Stephanie, Stockton
 Janie & Ronnie (my dad's cousins all call him Ronnie)
 Ron
 Maysen and Stockton played a few games of Tic-Tac-Toe
 Preston & Jorja
 Stockton
 Stockton, Jorja, Ron
Uh-oh Stockton, you might be in trouble!
 Soaked!
 Jorja is laughing at you!
 Watch out Jorja!
 Life is awesome.
 Ron
 Jorja and Stockton
 Jorja, Stockton, Preston
 Stockton & Jorja
 Jorja
 Preston & Jorja
 Maysen, Ron, Jorja
That wave looks kind of big Dad!
 Jorja with her grandpa
 Hmmm....I think this is beach?
 Preston ~ that boy is wet!
 Preston & Maysen
 Jorja and Preston taking my dad back in the ocean
 Preston, Jorja, Ron
 Jorja & Maysen ~ I totally missed Jorja falling!
It was so cute.  Only her neck was above the water.
 Jorja's name in Chinese.  I'm proud I can recognize it.
 Cold Porge & wet, happy Preston
 Well, soaked already, might as well make the most of it!
Look how cute Preston is.  He's jumping pretty high!
The kids and I walked to the end of the pier.  It was a LONG walk! Jorja walked the entire way barefoot even though the sand was burning her feet and she had crocs in her hands.  Maysen and Stockton were ahead of us, but were not there when we reached the end.  We found out later they had gone down some stairs and had a close up view of sea lions.  At the end of the pier were so many seals!  They were very loud!
I spent most of my time looking for Maysen and Stockton.  My dad called and told me they had made it back.  I bought Jorja and Preston ice cream ~ so yummy!  My dad bought Maysen and Stockton ice cream, so it evened out.  I stopped at several stores on my way back from the pier.  (These stores were on the pier.)  I was looking for clothes for Jorja and Preston.  I did not want them to fill Peggy's car with sand!  I wanted to buy something that wasn't too expensive that they would wear again.  I finally found what I was looking for in the third shop.  Shirts for $10 and sweats for $17.  Much better than the $60 clothes in the other shops that I was pretty sure would be a one time wear.  The boy helping us was so nice.  He even let the kids change in the storeroom in the back.  Jorja was so happy to be out of her clothes!  They were hurting her to walk in.

We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner.  I can't remember the name, but it was somewhere my dad remembered going with his cousins before I was born.  We met Mike as he got off the BART and took him with us.  The timing was perfect!  All in all a long, fun-filled day.  Although I suspect I had more fun that Mike did!  Who knows? Maybe he loves all that techno mumbo jumbo. 

No comments: