Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Picture of an Ugly Chicken

I got another e-mail from one of Stockton's teachers.  This time it was from his Creative Writing teacher.  She wrote, "Well, that Stockton has done it again!  He wrote the most clever poem I think I have ever read, so I put it on my blog.  If you want to see it, go to *******.  Also, ask him to tell you about the skit he performed in class today - it was so hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing!  I'll tell you, that is one talented guy."

I have to admit, I enjoyed this e-mail much better then the one I received from his English teacher.  That was very kind of her to write and tell me she is enjoying Stockton.  This is the poem she was talking about.  The kids were asked to write a poem about a picture hanging in their home.

Picture of an Ugly Chicken

A chicken
A chicken with stubby wings
A chicken with a misplaced beak and stubby wings
A chicken with odd eyes, a misplaced beak and stubby wings
A chicken with huge feet, odd eyes, a misplaced beak and stubby wings
A chicken with almost no feathers, huge feet, odd eyes, a misplaced beak and stubby wings
I remember drawing that:
I scrawled my name hastily sat the top.
I think my parents put my preschool drawings on the wall so my family could laugh at them.

--Stockton

No comments: