Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I'm a Cowboy!

Mike took Preston to his baseball game today.  I wasn't able to go.  Man I wish I could have been there!  It was great weather and it sounded like Preston had a blast.  He is playing machine pitch, but has been having a hard time hitting the ball.  Today he hit four fouls!  He yelled at Mike and said, "Dad!  I got four fouls in a row!"  He was so proud. He also hit the ball and scored for the first time this season.  Mike got a picture of Preston at home.

In the outfield Preston played second base.  I wonder if his coaches told him to guard second because Mike said he marched around the base the entire time, regardless if there was someone on the base. Sometimes he even swung his hat in the air and chanted, "I'm a cowboy!  Yeehaw!"  Haha!  I love that boy!
Preston scoring!
I had Young Womens' tonight.  We took the girls to the temple.  We had a lot of girls this time.  I think 17.  We didn't get a picture of all of them though.  Sister Lyon came over and gave me some names for the girls to do.  I left them home.  I do things like that.
Maysen, Severine, Senora, Riley, Sephora, Melissa, Paige, Emily, Zoe
I have two Olivia's now.  It was (little) Olivia's first time at the temple....her dad calls her Larry.  I will call her Larry here so my story is not confusing.  Anyway, Olivia and Larry are best friends.  Olivia turned 12 in February and had been to the temple before.  She was baptized first.  Then she waited, wrapped in a towel and soaking wet as she watched Larry get baptized.  She had the biggest grin on her face. It was completely adorable.  I wish I could have taken a picture, but they frown on you taking pictures inside the temple.
Emily, Olivia & Larry
 Emily & Ebony ~ sisters!
Mike and I took Jorja and Preston to sign up for swim team.  They were not happy about it.  I really want Preston to do it again.  I want him to become a stronger swimmer, especially with the pool in our backyard. I know there is no way I can get him to do it without Jorja.  She is tired of swim team and did not want to do it again.  I wish one of her friends would do it, then she would love it!  We did see Audrey at sign ups. Yay!  Although Audrey is two years younger than Jorja, so she probably won't be grouped with her.  This year they are at least at the same time though.  I signed up Preston for swim and dive.  We'll see how that goes.  Stockton is going to do diving again, but he will probably only go once a week.  He'll still be going to Mike at Cottonwood.  I wanted him to take there because they have platforms. I wish they liked swimming as much as I like watching them swim!

Now here are my final pictures from our spring break trip.  We had such a great time.  I'm so glad my dad was willing to come.  I'm thankful that Peggy made us feel right at home.  I'm amazed at all the time Peggy, Sally and Jane spent with us.  Jane and Chris changed their vacation plans when they found out my dad was coming.  They drove up from San Diego to see him.  Talk about feeling wanted!  We will have to bring him back again.
Stockton, Maysen, Preston
 Jorja, Maysen, Preston
I like this carving on the window.  The estate of nonordinary reality.
 This dragon above the window is pretty cool too.
What wonderful memories!

No comments: