Sunday, April 20, 2014

Home for Easter

Okay, I know the title says, "Home for Easter", but most of these pictures are from our trip.  Easter here was low key.  Jorja and Preston got Chinese books.  That's about it.  No one seemed to mind.  Anyway, yesterday morning Mike and I went exploring at Peggy's yard.  I think we ended up off their property.  It was beautiful!
Stephanie & Mike
 Stephanie
 Mike
 Haha!  This picture makes me laugh.
 Peggy's house
You can see a small platform diving board.  Underneath is a hot tub. We didn't swim this trip, but I have great memories playing here with my brothers years ago!
If you look closely you can see a small window in the guest house.  We could see my dad's shadow getting ready for the day.  I tried to take a picture of him, he was so mad!  Well, he wasn't mad but he did call me a Peeping Tom.  
Carved into the window below says, "The estate of non ordinary reality".  Sums up this place quite nicely.
 Garage doors
Peggy says they have a garbage room.  Every so often they take a trip to the dump.  The dump is close by, so it's not a big deal.  The carving on this door makes me laugh.
Terry reminds me a lot of Mike.  Always has a project to work on.  He has been building this place for years.  There are some places that he hasn't finished.  Mike thought that was really cool.  There is a small cement mixer out back.  He wondered if Terry would go out and put a few bricks on every day.  I don't think so, but it is kind of fun to see.
Mike
This is the back of Peggy's house.  Preston loved playing in the tower. Such a small little room, but magical.
We found Jorja and Preston out early looking for lizards.  They never did capture any, but had fun trying.
Jorja and Preston
 Preston, Jorja, Mike
This is the view from the kitchen balcony.  If you squint and look really close you can see the golfer statue through the trees.  It is perfectly placed.  Easy to see in person, but a little tougher on my phone.
 Jorja
 Preston
 Jorja saying good-bye to Cheyenne
 Preston, Jorja, Cheyenne
 Jorja & Dakota
 Mike & Terry
Jorja thought this street sign was so funny.  Potato Road.  We are now in Winnemucca, Nevada.
 Bye-bye spring break.  You were great to us!
We got home early this morning.  We were excited to see what had happened to our house while we were gone.  Looks like the plumbers were here. 
 Our old pantry is gone
 My new sink and dishwashers will be here
 The banister is a little dangerous right now.  Yikes!
Megan called and asked if Preston could meet Olivia at the fence.  She handed him a cute cookie that said, "Preston, we enjoyed your testimony".  I can't remember if I wrote about that before.  Anyway, Preston went up front to bear his testimony a little while ago.  He left our bench so fast, I was shocked.  I was so scared about what he would do when he was up there, but I didn't want to go drag him back down. He was absolutely adorable and did such a great job.  I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was something like - I know Jesus died for my sins and we can be with him again.  Wow.  Love him!
Preston

No comments: