Sunday, April 6, 2014

Grandma Honey's 75th Birthday

Maysen and Preston helped me make cake for Grandma Honey's birthday.  She would have been 75 years old today.  Wow!  I can't even imagine that.  The cake also served two purposes.  It was the treat for Family Home Evening and the treat for family dinner.  Stockton gave the Family Home Evening lesson.  We did it in-between conference sessions.  He made a word search and had different words like anger, honesty, joy, selfishness.  The thing was, as we soon realized, only the positive words were in the search.  I started looking for anger.  It was not there.  Soon I figured out to skip all the negative words.  Stockton said that if you do things that Jesus wants you to do, you will find what you are looking for.  If you do things Satan tries to get you to do, you won't find anything - you won't be rewarded.

Conference is over.  All of my children listened to every session.  Well, Preston went upstairs during one of the talks I think.  Still, I was impressed with them!  I love conference and am looking forward to listening to the talks again this week.  Hopefully.  I have such a bad memory, it helps to listen to conference twice.  Once with the family and once by myself.

My family came over for dinner tonight.  Gayle arrived first.  She brought me a broach from my grandma that matches my bracelet!  I love it!  It was fun having everyone together.  I was able to play Dominion with Matt, Sam and Mike.  Sam won.  I almost snuck up and won the game.  Sam made one mistake.  I knew if the cards fell just right I would win.  I was able to draw two extra cards.  I only needed two more coins.  Instead I drew two victory cards.  Talk about a choke! Anyway, it was a great day and no one got electrocuted from all the weird wires hanging from the ceiling.  That was a very good thing!

No comments: