Thursday, April 3, 2014

First Hit

Mike went and worked in the temple this morning.  I took Maysen and Stockton to do baptisms.  It was really crowded today.  More so than the other weeks Mike has worked there.  My plan was to be at the temple right at 6:00, but I had trouble finding Stockton's recommend. We got there about 6:15. We were able to do the baptisms and Maysen barely made it to school.  She might have been a bit late, but not by much.

I got another e-mail from Stockton's teacher today.  This is what she wrote.  "I apologize for the misunderstanding.  Because he has yelled things out in the past, I assumed he was doing it to be funny.  I did not know that a book with that exact title existed.  I should have asked him.  I apologize again for any misunderstanding.

As far as the executive functioning points category of his grade, those cover 10 major areas of citizenship.  They have to do with task initiation (beginning tasks in a timely manner), impulse control (yelling out), Time management, etc.  The full list can be found in the disclosure for the class (I have a copy if you would like it).  Over the course of the trimester, I take points for things such as yelling out, being off task, being late etc.  I have given Stockton back the points I took for yesterday.  I can speak with him about a way to make up other points if he would like.

Hope this helps!  Again, I apologize for my misunderstanding his behavior.  I will apologize to him when I see him again tomorrow. Thank you for your understanding and explanation."

I'm not sure what to think.  I am glad his teacher wrote to me so I could explain the situation, but I am bothered that she jumped to conclusions.  That she immediately thought the worst.  Stockton had no idea that she was even upset.  Not a clue.  His teacher says she has talked to him about his behavior, but Stockton has no memory of it.  I think I will write her back tomorrow, but I am still incredibly irritated with her that I know I can't do it right now.

Our house is coming along.  We have new walls up.  The room looks plenty big.  I am so glad we decided to make that room smaller.  It is going to make a huge difference!  I already love the hallway, even though it is in pieces.
Preston had a baseball practice today.  He loved it.  Yay!  He was trying so hard to do what his coaches told him.  They told him to step with his left foot before he threw.  Every time Preston went to throw the ball, he would pause, concentrate for a bit, then slowly get his left foot out and then throw.  It was adorable.  At the end, the kids got a chance to hit off of the pitching machine.  Preston has not figured out batting.  He missed all the balls the first time.  Then they decided to play a mini-pretend game.  If they hit the ball they could run to first base.  Preston missed the first two but connected on the third one!  I was so surprised!  He hit it right to third base.  He jumped up and down on 1st base and shouted, "I actually hit it!"  Loved it!

No comments: