Saturday, April 12, 2014

First Big Trip

We are taking our first big trip with Mike's new toy.  Headed to San Francisco with my dad!  We left this afternoon.  That was nice because I was able to get the kids to do their chores before we left.  Clean bathrooms and bedrooms to come home to.  We drove to Winnemucca, Nevada today.  Mike drove the entire way.  I'm too scared to drive that thing!  There were several windy spots.  One time the wind hit us so hard the entire motorhome jerked!  Mike handled it like a pro, but it was one of the many times I was glad I wasn't driving!  The kids did great on the trip.  My dad liked to lay in one of the bunk beds.  I wish I would have brought my nice headphones with the long cord.  Then he could have watched tv easier.  He watched several episodes of Sports Night, but it was kind of hard for him to hear.  Mike was excited to park in a Walmart parking lot, so that is what we did.  Safe and sound, although it feels like we are a little crooked.  I will be sleeping with my feet higher than my head.  Haha!  Well, just a little bit.  It sure is a cozy way to ride!
Before we left we gave Rob a key to our house.  I wonder what new treasures will be done to our kitchen while we are gone?

2 comments:

Oregon Millburns said...

San Fran?? What's in San Fran?! How about PORTLAND?! :)

Stephanie said...

Mike has a conference in San Francisco this week. It just happened to be the same week as spring break. Stars just happened to align this way. :)