Monday, April 28, 2014

ATM

There were so many different people in our house today.  We got gas lines put in the right place for our range.  I'm looking forward to cooking on a gas stove again.  I didn't think I would like it when we put them in our house in Georgia.  Turns out I loved them.  Might as well get them back.
The cabinet guy came and measured today as well.  Lots of different people doing different stuff that I'm sure is important.  Just glad I don't have to keep it straight!

I escaped the madness and went to lunch with Heather.  Heather my cousin, not Heather my friend.  Heather and I are going to try to get together at least once a month.  I love it that she has moved closer!  We went to Canella's and it was delicious!  Heather had a hysterectomy the end of March.  She looks fabulous.  She says she feels great as well. Yay! I got a text from Heather while I was on vacation.  It said, "My genetic results came in...I have a mutation on the ATM gene, which significantly increases your risk of breast cancer.  I met with the breast surgeon today, my mastectomy is scheduled for May 30th."  Wow.  Kris must have had this gene.  Crazy that she got sick at the same age as her sisters when she didn't have the BRAC1 gene.  Heather and I have often talked about how she must have had something else.  It was too much of a coincidence that she got sick the same age.  I remember my mom found out she had cancer one year and one week after Sue died.  Kris found out she had cancer one year and one week after my mom died.  I am so glad Heather is getting the surgeries done.  I had my surgeries done six and a have years ago and have not regretted doing this for one second of my life.  Such a relief.  Heather and I talked a lot about how excited she is to do this.  I reminded her several times that the mastectomy is going to be a lot harder and hurt a lot more than the hysterectomy.  Her surgeon told her the same thing.  Heather came to see her two weeks after her surgery.  Seriously I am so glad I did this and I am so glad that Heather is able to do it as well.  Especially since her insurance started covering preventative mastectomies this year. How's that for timing?

I will end this post with a few more pictures.  Most of these are in the tv/pool room upstairs.  Look at this fancy tv the kids are watching Sponge Bob on.
Stockton & Jorja
 These next carvings are over the bar area
 I like this picture of my dad playing pool
 The stairs in Peggy's house are so fun
 The view from the top balcony
 Cute guest house
 Beautiful floors.  I think this on is in the front entryway.

No comments: