Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lakeside

We stayed at the Lakeside RV Campground.  It was really close to Utah Lake.  We went on a walk this morning.  So pretty!
Stockton, Mike, Jorja, Preston, Maysen
Mike, Maysen and I played Parcheesi.  I had the best come from behind win of all time.  It was awesome.
Maysen and Stephanie
 Stockton continued to enjoy the Wii
Jorja and Preston spent a couple of hours working on math.  I'm serious.  It was adorable.  I taught Preston how to carry with addition. He loved it!  My friend, Camee, likes to laugh and laugh about Jorja bringing homework to a swimming meet in the summer.  I tried to explain that they were logic puzzles, but she couldn't see the difference. She would laugh so hard about this!
Preston and Jorja
We remembered Jorja and Preston's bikes.  Next time we will remember their helmets.
Jorja and Preston
The kids loved the playground, especially the tires.  These pictures are all similar, but I love the look of them hopping from one tire to another.
Jorja, Preston, Maysen
I didn't realize that Stockton was in the last group to compete today. He had nine dives on the 3 meter.  He did a great job, and it was so fun to be there watching him with the entire family.  The first thing he said to me after he finished was, "I want to learn new dives."  Awesome! That is actually what I was hoping he would want to do after regionals.

We took the kids to the BYU Creamery for ice-cream after the competition.  I did not realize how crowded it would be!  It wouldn't be a big deal, but I was on a time frame!  When we got back to the camper it was 5:00.  I wanted to go to my cousin Jae's ring ceremony at 6:00. My dad called this afternoon and told me we couldn't go together because they had Disney on Ice tickets.  I didn't think it was a big deal. I knew there was no way I could get home to change and grab the address and make it to Salt Lake.  I tried to text my dad for the address, but he still had his phone off because of the show.  I had no idea if they had a reception afterwords.  I totally would have gone if I could have made it to that, but I was scared that I would leave my family and when I arrived everyone would have been gone.  When I couldn't get a hold of my dad, I decided not to go.  I felt so bad!  I should have gone anyway. They did have a reception afterwords.  It even had the information about it really big on their invitation.  I just focused on the little card about the ring ceremony.  By the time my dad called me, it was too late to go.  Man was I disappointed!

My dad told me Gayle had a surprise for me and he asked if I knew what it was.  I told him I could only think of two things.  Either Jennie was there or she found my bracelet.  Gayle had found my bracelet.  She even wore it to the wedding and was planning on giving it to me there. I couldn't believe it!  I was so excited.  I will write more about that when I have the bracelet.  So excited about that! 

No comments: