Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It Has Begun

I had lunch today with my cousin Heather.  It was wonderful!  We are going to try to meet together for lunch once a month.  We have talked a lot the last few weeks and she has been on my mind almost constantly. I didn't want to write anything about it until I knew it was okay with her.  Anyway, she is planning on getting a hysterectomy and mastectomy like I did.  Her doctors don't want her to have them both at the same time.  She is scheduled to have her hysterectomy at the end of this month.  Hopefully the mastectomy will be soon after.  A few weeks ago Heather texted me from Washington D.C.  Her mammogram had come back abnormal.  She needed to go back in.  They wanted her to come in the next day.  Obviously she couldn't do that because she was in D.C., but it was absolutely terrifying!  Last Wednesday Heather had her follow up appointment.  I remember praying so hard in the morning.  "Please let Heather be okay, please let Heather be okay." Then I stopped myself and said, "No!  Don't let her be okay, make her be okay!"  A few minutes later Heather called.  The mass they saw on the mammogram was an extra milk duct.  Scary, scary, scary!  Heather said, "I know for sure I am doing the right thing."  Yep.  Not fooling around in this family!

Lunch was so much fun.  We went to the Cheesecake Factory and talked for two hours.  Time flew by.  Definitely glad we are going to try to make this a monthly thing.

Today we have also FINALLY started working on our house.  We have this little alcove in the front of our house.  I hate it.  It is ugly and weird and serves no purpose.  Other than to trick people into thinking that is our door.  Just bizarre.
Because of this little alcove thingy, our kitchen is a weird shape.  We are going to get rid of the alcove and update the kitchen.  I'm really excited and anxious to do this.  It will be so nice when it is done!
Our contractor started taking the bricks off of our wall today.  I thought he would sent hired help to do it, but no, it was him.  I really like him. I'm excited to get this started.  I hope it will be done by the time Brett & Rachel come.  I want Rachel to cook for me in my new kitchen!  Haha Rachel!  Okay, you don't have to cook for me, but I want you to play in it.  Although, the only way it will be done is if we don't have any delays. I don't think that is possible, but one can always hope.

No comments: