Monday, March 10, 2014

Gold Nuggets

I went down to my dad's house to pick up the bracelet Gayle found for me.  Years and years ago, before I was married, Grandma Millburn had me go through her jewelry box.  My grandma had tons of fancy jewels. She wanted me to pick out something that would be passed down to me.  I found this bracelet and asked her about it.  She said that she had it made from some gold nuggets my great-great grandfather brought home from the gold rush.  (I'm pretty sure it was my grandma that had it made into a bracelet, but not positive.)  Anyway, how cool is that? My great-great grandfather had a saloon in Alaska during the gold rush. These were his.  I think my grandma thought it was weird that out of all her fancy jewelry, this is what I wanted.  I just really thought it was awesome.  Anyway, after my grandma died I asked my dad about the bracelet.  He and Gayle looked for it, but they couldn't find it anywhere. Gayle told me that grandma wanted me to come and pick out a piece of jewelry, I just never did.  Anyway, when Gayle was getting ready for Jae's wedding, she was looking around for something to wear.  (Gayle lives at my Grandma and Grandpa's condo.)  She came across this at the bottom of my Grandpa's sock drawer.  I think.  I was glad Gayle found it and remembered that it was for me!  I love it!
I took Maysen, Stockton and Jorja to the eye doctor today.  Stockton has 20-40 vision and needs glasses.  He asked for contacts.  Jorja also asked for contacts.  I told the doctor I wanted Maysen to try contacts, but she refused.  So, Maysen has glasses and the other two came out with contacts.  I wish Maysen would just trust me sometimes.  She would like contacts if she gave it a try.  They're not that bad and definitely better than glasses!

No comments: