Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dolphins and Polar Bears

I had Young Womens' today.  We went to Becky's house and listened to three women in our ward talk of their profession, why they chose it and what it took to get them there.  We listened to an interior designer and a NICU nurse.  Maysen's favorite was our neighbor, Kristen.  She is a professor at SLCC.  But, she also has spent years studying and working with dolphins!  And polar bears and all sorts of marine animals.  Plus, she was so funny!  I loved it!

I also got to meet Lisa today.  She was just called as one of my YW advisors.  I usually have two.  Alice was released in January, so we have been working on getting another one.  I got Lisa on Sunday. Unfortunately I also lost Jacqui on Sunday.  She was called as the new 1st counselor in Young Womens'.  She will be great, but I will miss having her in my class every week.  She is the best teacher!  I love listening to her lessons.  I am looking forward to getting to know Lisa. She has 4 boys and one girl.  (I think)  All of her children are grown with her youngest on a mission in Idaho.  Exotic.

No comments: