Friday, March 7, 2014

Diving at BYU

This morning I got Maysen to school.  She had school while the other three did not.  This worked out really well for me.  Stockton went to regionals for diving today.  It was held at BYU.  It is usually out of state. I couldn't believe that Stockton didn't have school and Alta had a B day, so he didn't have math either.  Perfect.  Anyway, I dropped off Jorja and Preston at my dad's house.  He happened to have Max today. Max didn't have school either.  Another thing that just worked out.  They had fun playing all day long.  When we finally got back, they were at Arctic Circle having a blast.

It took me a little while to find the right building at BYU.  The directions said to turn right after the light just past Provo Highschool. Obviously wrong.  Should have turned left.  Little stressful.  The was Stockton's first huge meet.  Monica had asked him to go to Oregon a few years ago, but we decided not to.  There were so many good divers there!  Stockton competed in the 14-15 year old category.  Too bad.  The boys in that category were huge and doing really hard dives.  Stockton's degree of difficulty was a lot below the others.  It did make the competition less stressful.  Knowing we were there just for the experience.  The 12-13 year old category was where he really belonged. The boys looked like him and were doing the same dives as he was. Too bad he was out of that category by a little over a month!  Today he competed in the 1 meter.  He had nine dives.  It was so much fun to watch him!
Stockton
On the way home we stopped by Sherry's house.  She had called me yesterday and told me Anne's handprints were done.  They turned out so cute!  Love it!  Sherry also showed me around her house.  They added on two rooms upstairs and another bathroom.  It makes their house so much bigger.  Looks really great too.
When Mike came home we gathered up everyone to go camping. Stockton has the second day of his competition tomorrow, so we thought we would camp up in Provo.  Maysen also had a writing conference at UVU.  I procrastinated signing her up for it because she didn't seem too excited.  I still wanted to take her, but I also wanted to make sure it wouldn't interfere with Stockton's diving competition. Turns out it would have worked out perfect.  Too bad by the time I figured it out the conference was sold out.  I didn't expect that because they had an 'at the door' price.  Also turns out Maysen really wanted to go.  I can't win.

Anyway, Mike and the kids drove up in the motorhome.  I drove separately and stopped at Matt and Sam's on the way.  They loved the handprints.  How could you not?  Bryan Leatherwood and his wife were also there playing Dominion with Matt.

By the time I got to the campground everything was all set up and Mike was ready for dinner.  Pretty fun day.
Preston
 Jorja watching Lady in the Tramp
Maysen watching Emperors New Groove
 Stockton - he spent most of the time playing the Wii

No comments: