Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day at Parrydise

Happy Valentine's Day!  I won the present contest this year.  I got Mike a used Wii.  Our old Wii stopped reading disc so we got a new one only to find out it doesn't play gamecube games.  Anyway, Mike put our broken Wii in the motorhome.  The kids can still play their downloaded games.  Now we will have a completely working Wii in the motorhome. Mike didn't get me anything.  (We usually don't do gifts.)  That is why I won the present contest.  Mike said, "I was unaware we were having a contest."  So was I until I realized I won!  The score is now 959 to 1.  I'm on the board!

Jorja and Preston made their own valentine's boxes.  Jorja's was really cute with dragons all over.  She brought two stuffed frogs to sit next to her box.  Adorable.  Jorja and Preston went downstairs and got a bottle of applesauce and apple cider each.  They wrote their names on them and planned on giving them to their teachers.  I was a little apprehensive about this and gave Preston strict instructions on how careful he needed to be.  This worked out fine for Jorja, but Preston's bottle of apple cider exploded in his backpack.  (Luckily I had his valentines and box wrapped in a bag.)  Preston's teacher had to clean his backpack.  Happy Valentine's Day Mrs. Petersen!

Maysen made her own valentine today.  Isn't it lovely?
I met Mike at the cabin ate store.  We had a meeting with April to go over our kitchen design.  I was pretty disappointed.When April came to our house a few weeks ago, she got fixated on putting our kitchen where our table is and our table in our kitchen.  I told her that the only thing I like about my kitchen now is the table area.  I love having family dinner next to the fireplace.  I love the cabinetry we have on the wall from Mike's house.  April said we could move it somewhere else, but we really don't have anywhere we could move it.  Unless we get rid of the air hockey table in the boys' room and put it there.  Anyway, April said she would do a workup of both choices.  When we met with her today, she had only done her choice.  I was really disappointed because we had waited three weeks.  I don't want to switch kitchen areas unless I'm convinced it is the best plan.  I am not convinced.  Mike asked them to do a workup of the kitchen our way.  We'll see.

I met Jorja and Preston at the bus stop and took them to the doctor's. They are both doing really well.  Jorja grew a lot!  Last year she was in the 14% for height and the 29% for weight.  This year she is in the 26% for height and the 26% for weight.  4 whole inches.  That's a lot of growth for someone in our family!  Preston grew about 2 1/2 inches. Last year he was in the 9% for height and the 16% for weight.  This year he is in the 7% for height and the 13% for weight.  That's more like a Smith.

Jorja ended up getting three shots.  She was not happy!  (One was a tetanus - ouch!)  Jorja did really well for Jorja.  A male nurse came in and put Jorja on his lap.  He wrapped his arms around her and held her still.  He talked to her the entire time.  She still screamed and cried, but not nearly as much as she did the last time she got a shot - three years ago!  She was sad about her arms the rest of the day, but not unreasonably sad.

When Mike got home we packed up the car and headed to the cabin! Yay!  The cabin is the best place ever!  We went through Wyoming and the roads were perfect.  We got to the cabin about 10:30. Bubs and Ange were here and had the cabin all warmed up.  Bubs met us with the snowmobile at the bottom.
The plaque my mom made a LONG time ago!
I copied Ange's idea from last time and brought up our own sheets. They were easy to put on because there were no sheets on any beds. There were garbage bags next to the beds with the sheets and comforters in them.  Looks like someone washed everything!  Awesome!  We didn't get everyone to sleep until almost 1:00.  Oh boy. Hope we don't pay for it tomorrow!

No comments: