Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tiffani

Today I had lunch with my friend Tiffani.  We met in dance class when we were in 6th grade or so.  Tiffani is beautiful!  I can't believe I forgot to get a picture of us.  She looks as stunning now as she did in high school.  We went out to lunch to celebrate our birthdays.  Her birthday is a few days after mine.  I bought her lunch and she bought mine.  We ordered the same thing.  Anyway, Tiffani holds a special place in my heart.  We spent seven years with each other.  Dancing, going to school, we even had braces together.  Really together, every appointment we went with each other.  Tiffani would always do my makeup before school pictures.  She really took good care of me.  My strongest memory of Tiffani is in middle school.  It was the first day and we were sitting together in English class.  Two girls were sitting at the other end of the room.  Mindy Kelsey and someone else.  These girls were really popular.  I don't know how I knew that the first day, but I did.  Mindy called to Tiffani across the room and asked her to come over and sit by them.  Tiffani said, "No thanks, I'm sitting by my friend."  Wow.  I couldn't believe it.  Tiffani chose to stay by me instead of going over to the popular girls.  I will always remember that.  It really gave me a confidence boost when I was really, really shy.  I love Tiffani.  Lunch went by way too quickly!

No comments: