Tuesday, February 25, 2014

They Can't All Be Winners

I spent most of the day getting ready for Young Womens.  I wanted the girls to help me make these clipboard things.  I gathered all the materials, bought extra scissors, sticky notes and bobby pins.  As I was leaving Walmart, it dawned on me that I was almost out of the cute chart things I was planning on gluing on the clipboards.  I can get them for free, so no big deal.  I went to the store to pick them up only to find out that someone had gotten them all this morning!  Ahhhhh!  I was now out of time to run to the distribution center.  Dang it!  I ended up only having four girls come.  Ebony and Olivia are my two new beehives.  They were there.  I at least had them pick out the colors they would choose.  We talked about obedience and started the Divine Nature #5 experience.  Not the best activity I have ever put together, but they can't all be winners.  Jacqui (Olivia's mom) didn't come.  This morning her brother's child died in childbirth.  So sad.  They had a little boy.  The mom was a week overdue.  This was her fourth child and they had tried for two years to get pregnant with him.  She labored at home last night and when she got to the hospital they found out the baby was facing up.  They tried to go without a c-section, but the baby started struggling.  They rushed her in for one, but by the time they did it the baby had already died.  So, so sad.

Mike and I met with the cabinet people today.  They had a new plan for us.  Last time they wanted us to switch our kitchen and eating areas. We did not like that idea.  This time they said we would need to get rid of our grill.  Haha!  Not going to happen.  They hate our grill!  It is pretty ugly, but we use it all the time!  Anyway, we worked with him for about an hour.  I feel like we are getting closer.  Our kitchen layout is pretty weird, so this has been really hard!  We did learn right now it will take them 14 weeks to get finished.  Around Christmas time it was 8 weeks.  Man, we have got to decide what to do or we are never going to get this done!

No comments: