Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Cabin is Awesome!

Even when the snow is slushy and the babies don't sleep.  (It does help that the non-sleeping baby isn't mine.)

Bubs was in charge of the food today.  He made delicious sausage, hashbrowns and eggs.  I promised myself I wouldn't eat too much when I was up here.  I lied.  The chocolate covered cinnamon bears are delicious!
Jorja, Millie, Stockton, Lincoln
 Preston, Jorja, Millie, Stockton, Lincoln
 Bubs & Amelia
Jorja's new obsession is making things with rubber bands.  Cathy gave her a kit awhile ago and Jorja has taken off.  She makes bracelets and frogs.  She brought up her stuff and taught Lincoln and Ella how to make their own bracelets.  The kids loved it!
Jorja, Ella, Abby, Preston
 Ella making her first bracelet
 Lincoln doing the same
 Preston
 Jorja's supplies
 Ella's finished bracelet
It actually snowed for a bit this morning.  We were hopeful and everyone headed outside.  Mike and I both drove the snowmobiles.  I have never been at the cabin when the snow has been so slushy! Especially at the bottom.  There was at least a half a foot of pure slush. The kids had to stop themselves before they reached the bottom or they would be soaked through!  We still had fun though.  Preston even when skiing a few times.  Mike and I (the snowmobile drivers) finally called it quits.  My fingers and toes were cozy warm, but my arms and thighs were soaked through!  I would put the sled over my lap on the way up the hill.  Also, it rained on us for a long time!  Warm rain.  Not ideal for sledding.
Ella and Abby going down, Mike coming up.
 Bubs and Millie
 Amelia
 Maysen
The rest of the day was spent playing games and watching movies. Mike dominated everyone at Pirates.  Many sad, sad pirate ships.

The amazing thing about the cabin is even when the sledding isn't ideal the kids love being here.  It is fun to relax and spend so much time together.  The cabin is the most perfect place in the world!
Abigail

No comments: